6./ZG26_Gielow

BoS 1920x1080 High Settings Hardware

On 9/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

It is limited by single thread. The significant usage across all cores shown by Task Manager or Resource Monitor is misleading, as it is an average for each core over a certain time. In reality, Windows is constantly moving the load around, and it's still limited by the performance of a single thread at any instant despite no cores showing 100%. Similar behaviour can be seen with other software, such as PassMark single thread benchmarks.

Admittedly, I'm not an expert in these matters, but that's how I've seen it explained. Nevertheless, it's largely academic since benchmarks show a clear single thread dependence.

Is there a thread explaining that chart? Chili, Samuel.. Does any of those represent the actual performance in game? I'd like to see what kind of gear you need to run smooth VR. 

2 hours ago, mojo2 said:

Is there a thread explaining that chart? Chili, Samuel.. Does any of those represent the actual performance in game? I'd like to see what kind of gear you need to run smooth VR. 

Yes. This is the thread. They represent actual performance in game for a particular track, game version, hardware configuration, HMD, etc. Whether they represent typical gameplay is up for debate.

I don't really feel qualified to say exactly what hardware is the minimum for acceptable VR performance. On these forums, there are people running a wide range of systems with different expectations for what constitutes smooth performance. However, I can comfortably say that fast CPU and GPU are required.

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

Yes. This is the thread. They represent actual performance in game for a particular track, game version, hardware configuration, HMD, etc. Whether they represent typical gameplay is up for debate.

I don't really feel qualified to say exactly what hardware is the minimum for acceptable VR performance. On these forums, there are people running a wide range of systems with different expectations for what constitutes smooth performance. However, I can comfortably say that fast CPU and GPU are required.

Thank you. Browsing that thread I realised you truly are right, you still need very, very expensive gear to run it well in VR. Nothing has changed in couple of years sadly.

1080p high settings race still for me then 😅

On 3/29/2019 at 10:01 PM, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

Just bit the bullet and slapped in a RTX 2080Ti. Chews IL-2 like a squirrel nuts. FPS boosted to nearly 200. Anyone got a good profile for nVidia Control Panel as GF Experience does not see IL-2.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:40 AM, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

intel G4560 3.5 GHz dual core (with HT on 2+2 cores, 4 cores total)

GTX 1060 3GB VRAM - OC to "1060ti"

8 GB RAM 2400Mhz

SSD HD 120GB

1920X1200p 60Hz monitor

In game settings: overall video settings HIGH, vsync ON (resolution set to 1920x1200 as this is a native resolution of my monitor), fullscreen off, clouds high, shadows low (still looks good), 2x distant landscape, 40 km distance, 4AA, HDR, Mirrors off, Landscape filter off, Grass normal, Sharpen and SSAO off, Dynamic resolution factor - full, target fps - off (since Im using vsync).

Nvidia control panel - Power - prefer max performance, texture filtering - perform,ance, everything else "use application settings".

I have, both, in single player (with 16p lanes tested) and in multiplayer (full servers with 84 ppl) FPS almost constantly locked at 59 (refresh rate of my IPS Dell monitor), sometimes goes to 57 and that's it.

also check  Mitthrawnuruodo  's Post above

Edited by jollyjack
correction

On 6/22/2019 at 4:17 PM, 9./JG54_Skywarp said:

I got a monster to run DCS.

Also play BoS and CLoD, everything running smoother at full graphics.

Hardware listed on my signature.

I can't run IL-2 with all max setting in my PC (I know that my processor is the weak ones even as he is pushing my graphic card at 99% usage in this game).

How many FPS are you getting in your machine?

2 hours ago, SCG_ErwinP said:

I can't run IL-2 with all max setting in my PC (I know that my processor is the weak ones even as he is pushing my graphic card at 99% usage in this game).

How many FPS are you getting in your machine?

I used to get 190 FPS in the open sky, around 135 FPS with cloudered weather.

But nowadays I lock the FPS in 60, because we are in summer and I don't like to see my machine burning hot...

IL2 Floating FPS.jpeg

Edited by 9./JG54_Skywarp

So I've had no issues running the first three IL-2 modules  in 1920x1080 (single player, occasionally with a track IR VR) on an i5-6600K with 8gb RAM and a single 1050 Ti (50-60fps), but Bodenplatte with lots of objects around stutters terribly on the same settings .  The boot drive is SSD but not the drive with IL2 on it, if it makes a difference. 

Any suggestions as to what the limiting factor with Bodenplatte is likely to be and what I am likely to need to change to get back to a consistent 50-60fps?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...👍

10 minutes ago, FredCroot said:

Any suggestions as to what the limiting factor with Bodenplatte is likely to be and what I am likely to need to change to get back to a consistent 50-60fps?

You should do some monitoring to narrow down the cause. If your GPU is hitting 100% usage while your frame rates are low, you can be sure that the graphics card is limiting. Then, decreased settings or an upgrade may be the solution.

21 minutes ago, FredCroot said:

So I've had no issues running the first three IL-2 modules  in 1920x1080 (single player, occasionally with a track IR VR) on an i5-6600K with 8gb RAM and a single 1050 Ti (50-60fps), but Bodenplatte with lots of objects around stutters terribly on the same settings .  The boot drive is SSD but not the drive with IL2 on it, if it makes a difference. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...👍

A lot of people are having trouble with Bodenplatte if I'm not mistaken. I'd wait for an update before dropping money on hardware. 

Hello to every one

Could you tell me  what is the best graphics set up for brand new/strong PC? I'm using HP Reverb VR

i attach my acutual  set up

sorry for my english

IMG_20200202_111429.jpg

Been playing a lot of Bodenplatte career mode lately and seem to get a lot of random stuttering. 

Should my specs be able to run this sim at high-ultra 1080p?

i7 4790k @4.4 GHZ

EVO SSD

16 Gigs of RAM

GTX 1660ti 6GB