6./ZG26_Gielow

BoS 1920x1080 High Settings Hardware

I was able to run BoS at ultra settings using an FX-8320 and a 7970 graphics card. I noticed no lag or stuttering but I have no idea what my FPS were.

This is my PC stats in Aida64;

My_system_part_1.jpg
And my ROF setting I play with them;

ROF_settings.jpg
In Bos I get this quality of picture during the game:

Lagg3.jpg
But this is a fantastic game...

I'm playing with one old CPU X4 955 and HD5850. CPU and GPU use it's little (checking with MSI Afterburner OSD), and my  frames per second less than 40 FPS, but the simulator go smooth all time (at 1200p of screen resolution and High in graphics aspect with AA 4x, multisampler AA mode). Good job for this alpha version in this aspect, if now go like this, the release will be better (I think so).

And this is my actual settings in BOS;

Do you use Trackir or Freetrack? Because then, VSYNC is a must (no matter if fps limiter is set to 60) because you must be noticing screen tearing. I do, If I dont have VSYNC checked. And I have i7 3,61Ghz and GX770 2GB (res is 1920x1200).

Edited by tikvic

A I7 3.6Ghz and 12gb 1600mhz ddr3  GeForce 770 2gigabyte dd5  and a 1920*1080 screen  could not fly a full QMB of one plane Lagg-3  meddium clouds 500 maters high some Wind only ground targets no air opossition and some very important at the approche of the first waypoint then at the first  ennemy! Strange and impossible to play with the blur effect.  I hope it shall be corrected. :blink:  

Has anyone tried this new driver new driver from AMD with BoS?  

From what I've read, Folks are getting a substantial FPS increase. I'm usually not one to give every new Beta a try but  considering all the positive feedback I took a chance on this one. At least in DCS where in certain circumstances my FPS would dip to 17-19, they now don't go below 26-28 and in general my FPS are much higher than before. I've never checked my FPS in BoS as it runs very smoothly but perhaps this could also help those who are looking for better performance for BoS. 

Getting around 45 fps Average near stalingrad, about 40 fps over stalingrad and a little less at treetop levels with some stuttering here and there and minimum seen fps drop to 31 or so fps. 

Somehow there is this graphics "lagging" when the camera is in MOTION especially in F2 mode while fps remain fairly constant (Moving the camera around the plane), has anyone experienced the same? Fps wise 40 sounds good to me but that lagging is kind of annoying and it appears this is kind of "new". Will keep trying to troubleshoot drivers and settings but i don't know if its a problem of "coding".

My rig:

CPU:    Intel i7 4820k @ 4.3 Ghz

RAM:    Kingston Hyperx blu, 16 GB @ 1600Mhz

GPU:    Asus GTX 770

RES:    1920x1080

Edited by Jordan

Forgot to mention:

Settings:       Ultra

AntiAliasing: 4x

EDIT:  Reinstalling an older graphics driver (327 in my case) did the trick to the lagging issue, fps stayed about the same but everything seems smoother now.

Edited by Jordan

My Current rig (originally built in 2010, upgraded video card last year) runs BoS on high with 2 or 4 AA just fine in 1080p

i7 930 OCed @ 3.2ghz

6GB of DDR3

EVGA SC GTX670 4GB

Plus an SSD for fast(er) load times :).

Hardware seems to have plateaued recently, I'm hoping that the new console refresh will give things a kick start.

Has anyone tried this new driver new driver from AMD with BoS?  

From what I've read, Folks are getting a substantial FPS increase. I'm usually not one to give every new Beta a try but  considering all the positive feedback I took a chance on this one. At least in DCS where in certain circumstances my FPS would dip to 17-19, they now don't go below 26-28 and in general my FPS are much higher than before. I've never checked my FPS in BoS as it runs very smoothly but perhaps this could also help those who are looking for better performance for BoS. 

Thanks Mr Dog, like you I was having no problems in BoS, but the update process was certainly painless and I figured what the heck, one more base covered.  Maybe someday we'll have a standard BoS test loop that we can use to get real comparisons, but for now I just fly and smile :salute:

" Maybe someday we'll have a standard BoS test loop that we can use to get real comparisons"

A "Black Death" track.

Amen to that!

Master

S!

I am using AMD Catlayst 14.4 WHQL drivers with BoS and they work fine. In CCC having Driver default or Application controlled on most except turned off the Surface Optimization. Running 1920x1080, Ultra settings with 2x AA and VSync On, FPS limiter 120 as my screen is a 121Hz one.

Im not that much into pc hardware and now it is time to get that new rig ive been wanting for some years.

But im a little puzzled about CPU, MB and GPU. im going for:

AMD A10-7700 3.4GHz (AMD)

MSI A88X-G45 gaming   (AMD)

2x8 GB DDR 1600MHz  kingston hyperXblu

Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD (rev. 1.0) (4GB) (NVidia)

SSD 120GB(samsung maybe)

- But since the CPU and MB is AMD chipset, should i go for the AMD (ASUS R9280X DC2 3GD5videocard instead of the NVidia chipset?

- Will it perform better with all AMD chipset?

- And will this setup do well i BOS?

Thanks. I will stick to the AMD CPU though, the i series chipset is too expensive.

What made you go for A10? If you are sticking with AMD, wouldn't FX-8320 be a better choice?

The price, i7 is a bit out of reach. Dunno know the FX, but i will check it out though. Thanks :)

Edited by DKsvejseko

Made a new setup after reading about the CPUs. Turns out that the A10 is an APU and the FX is a real CPU and quite faster.

Cpu:              AMD FX 8320 / 3.5 GHz Processor - AM3+
MB:               ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX - 2.0 ATX AM3+

CPU cooler   Cooler Master Seidon 120V - 120mm 19-40dBA
RAM:             Kingston HyperX Predator Beast - 2x8GB DDR3 2400MHz
GPU:             Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD (rev. 1.0)

SSD:             Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE120
Cabinet:        Cooler Master CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced
PSU:             Corsair CX750 - 750W

Same price as before, but better parts allround.. Is this the shit?

My system:

i5-2500k @ 4Ghz

8Gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz

Gigabyte GTX670.

Running smooth at 60fps with high settings, 40-50fps on ultra settings  @1920x1080

Ran Open Hardware Monitor during an online session today:

CPU load is 40-50% on average.

GPU load ~80% on high settings, fps limiter at 60fps. Hardly saw it dip below 60.

Pretty happy with the performance, possibly looking to upgrade the GPU to a gtx780, but it doesn't really seem necessary at this time.

Hi everyone, great thread!

I've posted this in mission4today's forun but I think this is a more relevant place, so here goes:

After much deliberation, I am leaning towards the following rig and I'd like your views/corrections/modifications/proposals whatever you like, something I have overlooked or some subtle detail you might want to point out!
The purpose is to be able to run BoS at 1920x1080 without issues - but without overspending as well.

i5 4760 @ 3,4 GHz (not K which is more expensive)
MSI nVidia GTX 760 2GB
16GB DDR3 Corsair (1600Hz)
Mobo MSI-H87-G43 Gaming or Gigabyte MB H87M-D3H  (I am really torn here)

PSU Corsair VS650W (budget item)

LG 22EN43T 21.5' LED LCD (for 1920x1080)
Saitek Rudder Pedals Pro
Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS (budget item, instead of X-52)

Just to get an idea of prices around here, all this bought piece by piece from different on-line stores, plus tower, HDD, DVD, Windows 8.1 and Liquid cooling is no less than €1,300 (~$1,780)...

Switching the T.Flight to X-52 and the CPU to i7-4770 brings the cost to €1,450 ($1,985).

Thanks Extreme_One, I did consider it but the cost is considerable from €260 το €325. I am worried I may be overspending...

Am I not OK with the 760?

You'll hear others talk about Gigabyte no doubt, and like most purchases, it's about personal experience.

I am probably in the minority, but I just love EVGA motherboards. Have been a big fan of theirs since the Nforce 680i days.

Most recent one was a new build I did in Dec, using the EVGA X-79 Dark - has been a great overclocker and rock solid for me.

The purpose is to be able to run BoS at 1920x1080 without issues - but without overspending as well.

i5 4760 @ 3,4 GHz (not K which is more expensive)

MSI nVidia GTX 760 2GB

16GB DDR3 Corsair (1600Hz)

Mobo MSI-H87-G43 Gaming or Gigabyte MB H87M-D3H  (I am really torn here)

I have very similar rig: i5-4670 and GB GTX670 and even in lower resolution 1680x1200 and AA=2 and BALANCE preset the FPS often drops from 60 to 30 in multiplayer in furball over airfield. For me 30fps is too low.

Edited by =L/R=Kathon

You'll hear others talk about Gigabyte no doubt, and like most purchases, it's about personal experience.

As said by Extreme_one, im going for the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB instead. I belive 4GB is more future minded. Its not that expensive over the 760.

I have an MSI motherboard with "Military Grade" capacitors. It has been rock solid. I use EVGA nvidia cards in SLI and they haven't hiccuped in two years of always on.  

I dont know shit about MBO.. move along, move along... But thinking about it, ive always had an Asus MBO and it have never failed. GPUs on the other hand :wacko:

Edited by DKsvejseko

Hi guys,

i have set everthing to max in the game and no further tweaks in NVDIA inspector or any other tweaking tool. My resolution is 1920 x 1080 and i have only tested Singleplayer until now. But as far as i can say the sim runs very smoothly with a stable 60fps....

Best

Alex

"Military Grade"

That's always funny to read. "Military grade" is the lowest bidder on a contract. I would stay away from "military grade" products.

Edited by FuriousMeow

That's always funny to read. "Military grade" is the lowest bidder on a contract. I would stay away from "military grade" products.

That is a half truth.

Compare a civilian HUMVEE with military HUMVEE

(only one example out of too many)

Edited by LastRights13

That is a half truth.

Compare a civilian HUMVEE with military HUMVEE

(only one example out of too many)

Not a half truth, military equipment is the lowest bidder. I purchased better boots than the crap I was issued. Those virbram soles were terrible. The BFTs were 1980s tech and what should have been the size of an early '90s cell phone but took up the entire middle section of the HMMWVs. And the CHCS (Computer Health Care System) we had was just normal civilian laptops with some hand helds that were just as reliable as early '90s cell phones - if dropped they would crap out and reset.

Edited by FuriousMeow
  • Upvote 1

Can anyone provide any details about Crossfire performance as of the latest Alpha build? It was stated that it almost doubled performance back in May, but how is smoothness "stuttering" issues with AMD GPUs?

S~

• Upvote 1

Dear BOS pilot's,

I've just installed the sim and I can't switch to "CUSTOM graphic settings", this option is not available. I only get "Low // Med // High // Ultra" settings.

May be I missed something ?

I post here this question instead of creating a new thread, hope this is good !

Many thanks in advance for your help !

Cheers from France

Custom graphic settings no longer exist in BoS and it got replaced by the low/balanced/high/ultra graphic presets. There's no way to further customize the graphic settings anymore.

I recommend you to use Nvidia VGA cards such as 780 series.

AMD VGA cards are also great when you trying to do Crossfire because it's inexpensive compare to Nvidia one.

When it come to single card performance, AMD ones are no match.

My current settings

CPU : Intel i5 3570

VGA : MSI 780 Lightning

RAM : 32GB (8GB is enough for most gaming situation :o: )

Power : 600W

In-game settings

Graphics on Ultra, AA set to max, Vsync On, Resolution 1920x1080

Runs smooth at 60fps

Edited by resmania

S!

For nVidia you pay premium here so it is a no go. I do not pay +300€ extra to get some 5-10fps more, too expensive frame rates. I got better performance when I moved from the Xeon to i7-4790K as it runs at 5.0GHz and 4.4GHz on Turbo. Xeon ran at 3.4GHz.