Sign in to follow this  
VBF-12_Stick-95

Not looking forward to final release

I've been a Founder since early on.  Every Friday has been like Christmas.  Waiting for the Developer's Diary, reading about the new features, bug fixes, etc.  Then downloading and experiencing the changes.  Another "fix" and then, ahhhhh......euphoria.  It's been fun.

This will all go away after final release.   No more anticipation, no more updates, no more "fixes", no more Friday euphoria.  I am afraid that every Friday I will just be left wallowing in a morass of self despair.  :(

Oh, screw it.  I'll be too busy flying on all the great new servers to care.  ;)

Can't wait!

• Upvote 6

Weeell - Once they've finished making the stuff we already preordered, they'll have all the free time to make new things that we can buy. :biggrin:

*cough* Ju-52...

• Upvote 3

And, given hat the release is really this month, i would guess that they still have enough things they would like to polish but simply had not enough time.

So i would guess, ( or better hope ) that there are some patches post release. Perhaps not every week, but surely more than one within the next six month.

And with the release done they can start telling us all the things they plan for the future. so perhaps even more euphoria ... :)

I'd like to think that as savvy as this development team has been so far, that they'll lay low for a week or two after the game launches to re-group a bit. That is if the game launch goes off without major issues. After that, I'd expect to see regular updates for whatever they see the future being with this series. I can't help but believe the quickest and easiest to market would be the maps we already have featuring spring/summer/fall. But I'll take whatever bone they throw us.

Me too, Rjel. Stalingrad early with 1942 planes and GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN would be a winner and quickish to produce.

I get this same feeling when I back a Kickstarter for my other gaming vices (tabletop gamer at heart...).  Once a KS ends it's a little sad because I don't get to log in a couple times a day to watch updates/unlocks/funding etc.  However, as an RoF player - I've faith that we'll be gaming a lot of BoS in the future.  And, once I have the mission builder in my hands, I'm sure it'll slake my thirst a bit.

PS: I'm also still working on assembling a proper flight sim rig, so all of my enthusiasm/time/money will probably aim at that for the next year or so.

IAR 80  :biggrin: instant buy

Edited by duko

I think that fridays will still be a surprise for the first months after release

Yes, looking forward to buying an I-16, I-15, I-153... and who knows, wasn't there a story that they got some preview P-39's through to the Stalingrad area? ;)