HBB*Hunger

Ingame VoIp radio communication via frequencies

Adding an ingame Voice-over-IP radio with selectable frequencies

Type of improvement: Multiplayer Game Play / Over all immersion for squadrons 

Explanation of proposals: 

We all know that teamspeak is a great improvement for online gamplay since it has been released. We propably all use it for our squadrons or when we want to take a quick flight with some unknown server teammates. Now, imagine you could communicate with the radio built in your Plane, imagine you could select two different radio frequencies when you customize your Plane and then communicate with ist. Communicate with radio effects from WWII like ATAG Colander did with his wwii-radio-plugin for Teamspeak or TARS for DCS. That would be just awesome! 

Since "Advanced Combat Radio Environment" for Armed Assault 2 one of my greatest wishes is, that a developer would integrate such a powerful immersion booster into their flight simulation. 

Imagine something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsQBTQtiQQ (ACRE)

(TARS)

Benefits: This would make the flight much more immersive and bring radio communication in flight sims to another level!

• Upvote 10

Fingers crossed.

It would also be nice to know where particular players are when you jump into a server as well.  My suggestion is that when you choose your side you can see where other players, on your side, are when you pick your airfield and aircraft.  Rather than just have the aircraft icons on the map, as they now are on the "Normal" and "Normal lite" servers you also have an indication of what type of aircraft they are and also who's flying it, maybe toggled on/off with the "I" key for player preference or clarity.  This gives you an idea of what's happening when you jump in and where possible friends are.  This information would not be available, certainly on "Expert" servers, once you take off, or in the case of Air starts once you start flying.  As already alluded to, in another thread, that nobody seems to have bothered to read.  It would also, in my humble opinion, be beneficial to be able to link up players on different radio channels via the map.  Again, before taking off,  you click on another aircraft icon with someone you want to fly with and you are attached to their radio net.  A graphical indication of all aircraft on this net would be helpful too, possible a coloured spot or circle beside the aircraft Icon.  I was greatly impressed by the TARS video showing how it linked up in DCS.

An API that makes it possible to cross code a TS plug in same as for ArmA would be way better.

Granted a in game voip is interesting but mostly development for this is largely a waste as comparatively few people use it in the games that have it.

• Upvote 1

This is pretty critical.

Khan, if you play Aces High the VOIP works great. Proximity and individual channels.

TARS was amazing for DCS. I remember trying to call to my wingman in the Ka50 that I found the target but I was in a valley and he could not pick me up. They did a great job with that....even the sound was spot on.

+1 for ACRE. It transformed ARMA2 from a run-n-gun FPS into a battle field simulation.

+1 for ACRE. It transformed ARMA2 from a run-n-gun FPS into a battle field simulation.

And it is the best and proven so good that A3 has it with even better success and ingame UI.

And it is the best and proven so good that A3 has it with even better success and ingame UI.

Actually ACRE can be pretty broken in ARMA 3 multiplayer depending on how you run your server, Task Force Arrowhead Radio is much more stable.

• Upvote 1

Actually ACRE can be pretty broken in ARMA 3 multiplayer depending on how you run your server, Task Force Arrowhead Radio is much more stable.

Will check it out and tell the tech crew.

But I think it is something that should be developed byusers...

Edited by Acasto

+1

A simple, easy to use radio system along the lines of TARS would be great although I don't know how realistic it would be for the devs to create something like this.  I'd imagine it might be better for a 3rd party to do so.

Even if it can't be tied to the radio in plane, it would be nice if it could be implemented into multiplayer. Right now teamwork is virtually nonexistent because the only in game way to communicate is to type, which for most is way too hard to do while flying.

I have been thinking of ways multiplayer could be improved lately and I keep dreaming of some sort of squad system with VoIP. What if after you pick which side to fly for, before airfield and plane selection, you get an option to pick "lone wolf" or "squad." If you choose "lone wolf" you continue as normal and either have communication with team other than typing, or you can only talk to other teammates who have also picked lone wolf.

If you pick "squad" you get another option to choose "create squad" or "join existing squad" if someone has created one already. If you "create squad" you are squad leader and get to give a short name for squad, ex. Bombing or fighter hunting, whatever. Squad leaders can choose to talk to squad members, other squad leaders, or everyone else on team (lone wolves). Squad members can only communicate within squad.

Just a thought I've been having as I fly mainly in normal servers that are primarily airquake all the time with no teamwork or objectives to accomplish. I am really looking forward to what the fmb and dserver will do for mp and this is just another thought I've been having in the meantime. I have no idea if it is even possible to do such a thing in game, just throwing my thoughts out loud to the community...

Even if it can't be tied to the radio in plane, it would be nice if it could be implemented into multiplayer. Right now teamwork is virtually nonexistent because the only in game way to communicate is to type, which for most is way too hard to do while flying.

Obviously its pretty easy to use teamspeak but I think a lot of people want to be able to jump in and have the ability to talk directly to their team.  I'll admit that it is a little bit lazy to not put forth the effort required to join ts(which I am guilty of sometimes) but having an in game voip would undoubtedly improve teamwork.  

[quote name="GS_Hunger" post="162127" timestamp="1410624369

We all know that teamspeak is a great improvement for online gamplay since it has been released. We propably all use it for our squadrons or when we want to take a quick flight with some unknown server teammates

I messed up the quoting... But that was from the OP.

Personally, If I am flying with people I know I'll get on teamspeak but for the unknown server teammates it would be nice to have something in game.

Edited by Porkman