nicka117

Multi-monitor support

Another temporary stop-gap fix I am probably going to try in the future, whenever I get around to it.. Is running SoftTH.

SoftTh has the ability to run different monitor resolutions, so you could keep your center monitor running nice at 1080P and then downscale the side monitors resolutions a little bit so you are under the maximum pixel cap before triple-screen breaks.

It is unfortunate that AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround don't support this functionality and some of the best features in triple screen gaming come from hobbyists on no budget.

With the new drivers from AMD you can downscale....

With the new drivers from AMD you can downscale....

I may have to check that out, but if I get SoftTH working, you don't have to change your desktop resolution back and forth, or so I am told.. It is all handled in game and you also don't have to make your desktop one super wide resolution.

At the risk of asking a silly question, has anyone actually put in a bug report for this? I am sure someone has but just thought I would ask. :)

I know there is heaps of post about it on the forum, but has the official path been followed? :)

I may have to check that out, but if I get SoftTH working, you don't have to change your desktop resolution back and forth, or so I am told.. It is all handled in game and you also don't have to make your desktop one super wide resolution.

Please post if you figure out how to get SoftTH working properly.  I was able to get it working but only with the cockpit off center to the right.  (5880x1080 bezel corrected nVidia)

At the risk of asking a silly question, has anyone actually put in a bug report for this? I am sure someone has but just thought I would ask. :)

I know there is heaps of post about it on the forum, but has the official path been followed? :)

I have followed the official path, their answer was to "switch to a single monitor because triple screen setups are not supported."

By the way guys, has anyone noticed the petition started by our fellow plehmann to get our voices heard about this very same subject???

I urge you to sign it:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/IL2-BOS-black-widescreen-BUG

Edited by KastaRules

Lack of working triple screen is a huge let down for me and I completely feel like I've wasted my money, all 90 bucks or so. It is quite unfathomable for me that a software that places itself to the flight simulator genre doesn't practically support ultra wide and large resolutions of surround/eyfinity setups. Usually pretty much every modern game, even those that aren't designed or even practical on triple screen, work just fine with my 5760x1080 or 6060x1080 bezel corrected resolutions and perhaps only menus and such stuff is located awkwardly on the edges of outern monitors. I could live with that, but here we have practically zero functionality with higher resolutions.

Ungently fix this issue, it will keep people from joining if they see that it cannot be used.

It's the only simulator I know of that lack support for multi monitor.  Even old -46 has been fixed for it.

I was so hoping this would not be an issue at launch. I have a lot of games that fall into three basic categories.

1) Some games offer great multi-monitor support out of the box with HUD and UI elements correctly placed etc. These are fairly common nowadays.

2) Some that work okish out of the box or require some tweaking, this covers most of the rest and is the biggest group. Each and every flight simulator I have tested during the last few years have all without exception fallen into either of the above categories except for BoS after the decision to remove adjustable graphics options.

3) The rare few that don't work at all (mostly 2D games with fixed screen resolutions).

It's understandable that multi-monitor isn't a priority for many developers, being used by a fairly small group of people. What is NOT understandable that of all the games I have ever tested BoS is the only one that actively prevents you from resolving the issue yourself.

And that, my friends, is mind-bogglingly mind boggling. Especially since the only upside of the whole thing is the inability to choose the graphical preferences you like. Fortunately I believe things will change when the first nVidia/Ati driver release that breaks some small feature but manages to make the game unplayable to a lot of folks arrives and they realize that instead of saving in user support costs (which I don't think will happen) they have turned what could be a simple user support fix into a programmer issue, which probably makes it an order of magnitude more complex and expensive.

Edited by AndyHill

I have followed the official path, their answer was to "switch to a single monitor because triple screen setups are not supported."

I figured some one would have, I put a ticket in yesterday and got this response

Unfortunately, at this time, you may encounter such a situation.

For this reason, we have placed the appropriate information on our website

======================================================

21) Does the game feature triple screen compatibility?

No, it doesn't

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/2074-game-setup-and-settings-faq/#faq21

======================================================

Try to reduce the value of the "Antialiasing" and turn off "VSync"

If the situation changes the information will appear on the site.

Stay tuned for news

Then when asked if and when it would be fixed

At the moment, we have no specific information on this issue.

This issue arose on the 10th May, has been almost 6 months!

I do not have high hopes! :(

The frick? I bought this when 3 monitor support was a thing. Now it's completely borked and they have decided not to support it at all? What the hell.

What kind of irks me about all this is that I can understand that 3 monitor users are probably not extremely common, but then again it shouldn't be a very involved fix either, considering the fact that everything already worked well earlier. But the worst thing is that the problem with 3 monitors comes largely (apart from the focus problem that may still exist?) from the locked graphics options - which I consider to be a bad decision for a number of reasons.

I think it's pretty common amongst simers. I can run on 3 screens in pretty much all my games - games that I don't even want to use with 3 screens, games that definitely are not common for people to use with 3 screens. Dark Souls 2, from a console dev worked without any problems on 3 screens..

Every sim I have except for BoS works on 3 screens. Falcon 4 which is like, ancient. If they really responded with "play on one monitor" like someone mentioned erlier in this thread - well that makes me feel sick to be honest. At least for me, the surround experience kinda adds to the simulation. I thought they were passionate simers?

They said they WOULD support multi-monitors before they said they won't.  

Yes, we will..  (see #3)

No, we wont!  (see the last item #21)

Lmao. No actually, thats pretty sad.

That's complete and utter bullcrud. Looks like it's time to demand that refund, way to go back on your words.

Yep. Opened a ticket, let's see how they respond.

No custom graphic settings & no triple panel support. What a farking mess. :(

If I recall correctly, multiple monitors and maybe even 3D worked properly back before they locked the sim down with presets only.

It did.  I flew it with three monitors all the time.  

Now it is just night flying, without instruments.

./JG68_Sperber does have a nice (albeit partial) workaround using an AMD card and 3840x1024 resolution (windowed).  It works flawlessly. Don't know how it would work with an Nvidia card, though. Here is his post with picture - I did not notice it on this thread:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11784-little-triple-screen-solution-ati-user/

I looks great. No loss in pixel density.  What you are actually loosing is only 5% of the vertical resolution and the ubiquitous distorted/stretched ends.  Not a bad compromise, considering the extra performance boost and extra real estate for other stuff like check lists, maps, monitoring apps, TeamSpeak... etc.  I told Sperber I might even keep it even if this triple screen issue gets resolved.

Gawd damit! First I though that Oculus Rift implementation was included, only to find out it isn't, then I assumed I'd at least have surround as a fallback - which I find out isn't working either.

To top it off SLI currently isn't working... Not the best purchase I've made and not the best 1st day impressions.

Still, excited for what's to come!

To top it off SLI currently isn't working... Not the best purchase I've made and not the best 1st day impressions.

Still, excited for what's to come!

SLi compatibility was added to latest Nvidia drivers, and is auto turned on, the non functioning check box in settings is left over from earlier builds, perhaps waiting for full ATI driver compatibility?

OR compatibility hinted at, for this or next month, maybe

Cheers Dakpilot

I will not purchase this sim until they offer support for triple screen. I have been away racing sims like rF2, iRacing and Assetto Corsa but now I want to get back to flying WW2 planes. I have 3-27" monitors and want to use those to start. I know in a few months the VRs such as Oculus Rift and Sony's Morpheus will take over and change everything but until then we need the 5780x1080p support.

I just thought of something; I bet they are waiting for the VRs  and thinking triple screen support will be obsolete. I hope I'm wrong.

Now works. Yay!

Can I ask what you mean by "now works"? Reason being I'm waiting to purchase BoS whenever they offer true triple-monitor support. 

Multiview is not supported, but at least you can now use the full width of your tripplescreen set again.

It was broken for a long while, but it now works.

Yes you will still be having a streched view at high FoV, but it's fully acceptable.

True multivew cost alot fps unfortunately. I cannot use it in DCS as it costs to much fps on my system.

iRacing and Asetto Corsa are really the only games that manages it very well.

Multiview is not supported, but at least you can now use the full width of your tripplescreen set again.

It was broken for a long while, but it now works.

Yes you will still be having a streched view at high FoV, but it's fully acceptable.

True multivew cost alot fps unfortunately. I cannot use it in DCS as it costs to much fps on my system.

iRacing and Asetto Corsa are really the only games that manages it very well.

Do the developers use a fully functional hardware setup for testing their products. Baffling that a mod has not been developed as an add-on for triple screen. Triple screen works for me except I can't get the HUD on the center screen.