No joy yet with toe brakes on Saitek Pedals?

Any chance we will be able to assign toe brakes on our Saitek Rudder Pedals to wheel brakes in-sim soon? Pressing buttons makes it tricky to steer the HE-111 and FW-190 to be sure.

Failing that, has anyone discovered the secret to getting the SST software to program the comma and full-stop keys onto the pedals so they provide continuous braking while toe brakes are held down?

thanks

smith

You need to press one toe brake and keep it pressed, than click assign in the settings for this toe brake. You need to release the foot and press the brake again for the game to recognise the action. Works for me every time. Repeat for the other side. Russian plane brakes have to be mapped separately, otherwise you brake German aircraft involuntarily.

You need to press one toe brake and keep it pressed, than click assign in the settings for this toe brake. You need to release the foot and press the brake again for the game to recognise the action. Works for me every time. Repeat for the other side. Russian plane brakes have to be mapped separately, otherwise you brake German aircraft involuntarily.

Sorry, can you be more specific? Explain to a noob what you mean here :) what and why please :)

Edit: And how..

Edited by AceRevo
HagarTheHorrible

Russian aircraft used a brake leaver on the control colum, a bit like a bicycle brake, the more you pulled it the harder you braked. By combining the leaver and pedals you can control how much force is distributed to each wheel.

The upshot of this is you need to assign a button to activate the brakes in Russian aircraft, you then control left or right with the rudder pedals as you would the rudder. It can be tricky getting the correct braking force and at the same time left, right distribution.

• Upvote 1

That worked! Fantastic stuff, thanks!

oneeyeddog

Ace Revo, assign the differential braking to the German planes as stated above and it should work fine with your saitek rudder pedals. For the Russian planes I've assigned 'Q' to the brakes.  To turn left i apply left rudder and tap 'Q' as needed. you'll turn left. same applies for a right turn. At first you might snake left and right a bit but after a little practice it gets easier and you can make quick adjustments as needed . I stick my head out of the window to get a better view of the runway. an important thing to remember when Taxiing is unlock your tailwheel. if your tailwheel is locked its practically impossible to turn.

• Upvote 1

For Russian planes.

If you have a stick with pinkie button, assign then for "wheel brakes".

Since you effective use brakes only on ground, and game allow assign the same key for other function,

you can use the pinkie some others functions, e.g. I use for center POV (besides brake).

If you use pinkie as 'shift" for stick software, no problem in assign then for brakes too, unless are used

as "shift" for something that you active on takeoff run. :)

Sokol1

• Upvote 2
Dakpilot

I use my right toe brake for brakes on the Russian planes.

Then you will be applying both brakes when you use the right toe brake in German aircraft.....

Cheers Dakpilot

• Upvote 2

Then you will be applying both brakes when you use the right toe brake in German aircraft.....

Cheers Dakpilot

Yeah, but I am currently not flying any of the German aircraft, I know I will need to redo them if I do.

Hmm maybe I should just go ahead and do so before I forget anyway.

Thanks,