Sign in to follow this  
akmotte

Yaw / rudder

I use a logitech attack 3 and there's no axis for yaw/rudder so I have one button for yaw left and one button for yaw right.
The problem is that there's no way to quickly get back to neutral rudder position.

In ROF if I release the yaw left or right button it gets quickly back to rudder neutral position which is convenient. I would like to be able to select such option or at least set a button to get the rudder back to neutral because I'm unable to play like it is actualy. I have to look behind to set it correctly it's boring / dangerous.

Thank you.

The problem is that there's no way to quickly get back to neutral rudder position.

Actually this is not possible, await the next EA releases.

Sokol1

• Upvote 1

akmote

A alternative way to use rudder that work a little better than only two keys/buttons - at least allow auto-center.

Set the joystick X axis - already set for aileron control  - for rudder control too, plus a modifier key, example LAlt.

2euj440.jpg

If necessary invert the axis.

Now when you press and hold LAlt the joystick stop to control aileron and start control the rudder, what make the solution valid only for ground maneuvers, when you dont need use ailerons.

Notice that you control aileron or rudder, not both at same time.

The trick part is, when you release LAlt the rudder input hold rudder in the actual position of X axis, so always center the stick before release LAlt.

For the same reason, if you have some aileron input when press LAlt, the aileron remain in this position. So for alternate between aileron and rudder always leave joystick X axis centered.

After some practice this allow natural  use of rudder in takeoff, when leave the ground center X and release LAlt that rudder is auto centered, and start use aileron.

Will be easier to use if you use a joystick button to press LAlt (using a external keymapper like JoyToKey), so you have this control in only one hand.

Or if you have a gamepad with micro stick, use then for control rudder, since these have auto-center.

Notice that these improvised solutions allow you fly, not to fight. :)

Sokol1
Edited by Sokol1

Ah thank you for that kind and creative idea but as you say, it will not allow me to fight which is my current concern !

I'll wait for the dev team to solve this as it was working fine in ROF so there's no reason not to allow it in IL2.

Just hope they are aware of this and will finally give a couple of hours to a developper to add this setting...