Developer Diary, Part 77

I did not have much time to spend with it this evening, I did notice the addition of the sounds to the animated startup sequence, sounds good.

I have locked up a couple of times in the QMB with this build, while setting up a mission, and had to end the program with task manager.

Going away for the holiday weekend, hope to get to spend some more time with it next week...

Boy. The nay sayers can say what they want. With this update, I really feel like BoS is just about home. I felt very comfortable flying both the 109 and the 190. My gunnery is improving or maybe the planes are just a tad more steady. Still have a ways to go with my shooting to get anyway near where I once was in the old IL-2, but it's coming.

I've flown for the last two hours without a glitch. And the game was smooth with multiple planes in the air and plenty of ground targets. Even the new single player mission ran very well. A great update coming on top of a great effort last week. My compliments to the chef!

Actually, I believe the statement is accurate.

"Inflammability - the quality of being easily ignited and burning rapidly"

"Flammability - the quality of being easily ignited and burning rapidly"

Synonyms, unless I am incorrect.

The difference between the 2 is that Inflammable means Instantly flammable (like petrol/gasoline/benzine/ the stuff you put in a non diesel car), where as flammable just means it will burn, it may require time to get it to start burning but it will burn.

for example paper is flammable not inflammable because it takes a couple seconds before the paper is heated enough by the flame before it starts burning,

whereas Inflamamble means that as soon as the flame touches it (or goes near the vapor) it instantly starts burning.

So if the bombers have gone from Inflammable to flammable it means that they will catch fire, but just not as easy as before :)

Does artillery include AAA? If it did it would make Flack suppression missions a useful tool. How long do the crews stay away from the guns?

Cheers and thanks for the update.

From what Ive read, they only leave their places when the gun is severely damaged.

So if the bombers have gone from Inflammable to flammable it means that they will catch fire, but just not as easy as before :)

Thank you, that's a perfect explanation.

From what Ive read, they only leave their places when the gun is severely damaged.

Correct. Force them to leave their battle stations, and they won't come back.

Thank you, that's a perfect explanation.

Correct. Force them to leave their battle stations, and they won't come back.

So if in MP is we manage to damage or destroy the gun emplacements they wont come back for the entire round? Or is there some sort of timer for respawn for AI?  Normal seems almost instant respawn which I never liked don't know on expert server yet.

Edited by LoneMerc

Thanks to Ian for his 'Ghosts in the Snow' mission. Really well done.

I hope we will see more of his missions soon.

There is one small problem I noticed in the missions. One of the Stukas flys to low and sooner or later hits the ground or trees.

Edited by Juri_JS

Ghosts in the snow mission is fun! Didn't see anyone running, but my first try I got hit a few too many times by ground fire, my fault for not being evasive enough and crash landed in amongst some trees. Survived, but wounded, poor guy in the back was killed.

Very atmospheric, loving it so far.

Will our gunners in single player ever become their own entities with names?

Good to see those animated soldiers. Although for me animation looks more like jogging than running  :lol:

Heavy greatcoats, probably tired if not constantly exhausted, soft snow, unsure from which direction danger is most likely.  It's perfectly reasonable to move more slowly than a fast run.

Heavy greatcoats, probably tired if not constantly exhausted, soft snow, unsure from which direction danger is most likely.  It's perfectly reasonable to move more slowly than a fast run.

I doubt animators thought about that when they made this...

• Upvote 1

I doubt animators thought about that when they made this...

Given the attention to derail in the sim otherwise, I'd not so easily dismiss the idea that they thought of physical limitations to the characters' animation. While I'd like to see a faster gait, I doubt they should look like Olympic sprinters either.

i ahve a small problem

all my devices are switched ( rudder is throttle, throttle is stick, stick is pedals.... ) any fast way to fix this, instead of going one by one through the key assigment again?

In remember in ROF this only happend when you did not have your usb devices plugged in like attibuted previously while configurating your controls.

Also adding more usb devices could make this happen.

Revert to the previous set up of your usb devices and you should be ok.

If you don't remember you'll have to reconfigure but at least you'll know to remember your usb set-up.

When you go into the controls you'll notice the devices get numbered, changing the usb hook up makes those numbers change while the controls attributions sticks to the old usb numbers.

Hope this helped.

Cheers,

West

Edited by West

Why?

They look like someone running in a greatcoat!

Might even have been captured from a real person wearing one.

It was confirmed by devs that they don't use motion capture techs.. so...even if it was intended, it's not my taste that's all.  :rolleyes:

Great update again! Infantry animation looks good ”successful” (Example after attack and explosions some figures run to escape a state of shock ” not well-being run” - Also snow ground and a lot of winter clothes on not can run fast) – Thanks.

I´ve noticed that the momentum starter in both the 190 and 109 can now be heard. (We had this in the 109 months ago, but it has been removed)

Also the cklicking of the circuit breakers and levers in the startup sequence can now be heard. Really nice! :)

The auto proppitch governor in the 190 can not be disabled anymore... :(

With the fighter planes, (love them), they are all so good.

The German planes ,(with the electrical engine management system), help heaps with the close encounters of the many ;)

The Yak handles superb :) shot down a He 111 H-6 while evading the 109's at the time. Good plane imo :good:

Moving infantry and "....bringing more life to the scenery." :clapping:

Thats true.

It was just one year ago where the train crews were running away from attacks from the air

nml5ozxszrlt.jpg

What a single year changed. A year ago no one believe that this comes where we asked the Devs how the Pre-Order Trailer is to understand? Now we know it.  :salute:

Now we have a brand-new trailer that spoiler us like the frist Pre-Order Trailer what comes next. :cool:

so6ei189mo1h.jpg

kvdc4hqxlihr.jpg

Pilots that run to his planes jump into it and start the engine, like the video show. Pilots can see now his hands and legs when we fly.