Chuck_Owl

Pe-2 High Altitude Level Bombing Guide

Chuck,

Chuck,

this is absolutely brilliant. I can see a lot of hard work has gone into making it look so slick. Thanks for a) doing and b) sharing.

Cheer again.

That's very nice. Btw, did anybody figure out a way to dive bomb effectively in the Pe-2? I know that it was necessary to adjust the gunsight for dive bombing, but since this is not possible (yet?), did anybody find a way to sucessfully hit targets, even when not diving 90° down?

Nice work Chuck! It's neat to see the pre-planning and nav options you've included, and not just the sight operation. I've been working on a video covering just the sight operation but it was put on hold due to a bug (which is when I noticed that the wind adjuster was working backwards before the last patch). 

Something that caught my eye though (not trying to be nitpicky, promise!) I'm not sure if you got your screenshot order mixed up, but at the end your sight altimeter is set to 2500m and not 4000m. Might be why the bombs fell short?

Edited by SYN_Requiem

You are absolutely right, Requiem. Good eye! That might explain why they fell a bit short.

DId a quick hotfix for illustrative purposes and consistency.

Edited by 71st_AH_Chuck

Very nice thank you!

Now maybe I can take a break from the Yak and actually do a bombing run, for a nice change.

Very nice thank you!

Now maybe I can take a break from the Yak and actually do a bombing run, for a nice change.

For that, we're gonna need *cough* airfields to *cough* *cough bomb. *cough* *cough* High Altitude is a nightmare with smaller targets. You just can't see anything....

• Upvote 1

Yeah Its hard to spot anything small in the nose bleed section! Good write up there Chuck. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Thanks a lot for this Chuck,you obviously spent some time on it.The fuel loadout and map advice is really appreciated,

Cheers,

Mick. :)

Wow! Great read. The wind angle bit was very helpful. Guess I'll get cracking on my bombing practice.

Watch out airbases, because bombs are sure to fall... well, right next to you due to terrible miscalculations!

But still!

Thanks for the upload;)

Thx so much for the super presentation and the level of detail.

One must just love it, no way around that!

Realy should end up in the tutorial/manual pool for continuous easy access.

Just brilliant Chuck

This is a very well constructed step by step run through of the whole mission process, and encourages me to become more confident in my bombing ops.

Great value, and very much appreciated. Thank you for the hard work and the contribution to the community.

Very good job. It seems you have a map from the aera. Where did you get it please?

If a moderator could add the direct link to the map on the first post of both this thread and the He-111's guide's thread, it would be very appreciated.

I like to keep all relevant material in one place, but I cannot edit my posts, which is not practical at all.

Hi there, 

any chance of putting the materials back online or were they moved? Would love to get into the level bombing as my fighter skills have serious need for improvement,

best,

M

http://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-il2-battle-of-stalingrad/ 

• Thanks 1