Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Williams

If you are going to GamesCom in Cologne, Germany please read.

Guys,

If anyone from our community is planning on attending Gamescom and wants to see the BOS alpha please send me a PM. We have VERY LIMITED time and space available, but we want to show BOS to some of our most devoted community members who may be attending. We have a meeting space, not a public booth and our schedule is already quite full with meetings with media outlets which is the main purpose of our trip. However, if you are going to the show we will be happy to make some time to speak with you and give you a peek at BOS. You must be on a list to make it back to our area so the only way is to coordinate a day and time with me. Loft and I will be the ones giving demonstrations to the media and those community members that can make it. This will be on Wednesday (8/21), Thursday (8/22) and Friday (8/23). We won't be there on the weekend. Also, exact times are not decided yet, so if you are coming please try to be flexible.

Time and space is limited so first come first serve and please only contact me if you are indeed coming. Otherwise someone who can come may be left out.

Also, if you'll be in Cologne on Thursday we plan on meeting up with any attendees who can make it and hit a pub Thursday night. Like we did at the Hornet media event in Oakland. Was a good time.

See you in Cologne!

Jason

Planned to go on Saturday, no use to come then, good to know.

I`ll be there Thursday, flying in especially for this and to watch Germanys best football team Borussia Dortmund at their fantastic stadium on Friday night. Ps Jason I`m easy on the time, basically any time after 10ish maybe before at a push depending on trains from Dortmund to Cologne.

Edited by BFsSmurfy

Owing to company funding limitations I will not be able to attend but a colleague will be there and I would like him to open channels to talk about a possible collaboration / brand sharing idea. What should I do to aid this?

I can put him in touch and then coordinate once you have spoken if it is worth pursuing.

All the best and congrats again on your progress so far.

Will reroute a trip for 8/22 OR 8/23, just let me know your preferred day (you know the schedules of attenders).

Too bad the weekend shall miss it.

Times won't bother. Dropped a pm.

Guys,

The schedule is full. Thanks to all those who have already made appointments. Unfortunately, getting community folks to the media area is not easy. When you come to the security check at the entrance to the Business area please look for me. I will be in a black shirt with the 1C Game Studios logo on it. I will have to give you a certain pass to get to our meeting room.

Jason

Good luck Jason, and congratulations to all those who can attend. Buy them a beer for me. :)

For anyone coming to the 1C meeting room. We are in Hall 4.1 Room A020. Come through the entrance between Halls 4 and 5. They are not checking IDs at that entrance. Don't come through the East Entrance. They are checking IDs at that one. Come down the stairs and turn left. Look for the 1C signage.

Jason

Have a good time, fellas. If SYN_Vander gets out of line we find that tickling him vigorously behind the left ear calms him down pretty quickly.

Good luck with the show!!!

To everyone who has an appointment to meet with me today at Gamescom. Please check your PMs for instructions. Sorry for the hassle. Security is not making it easy.

Jason

And don't forget to smuggle recording equipment through security!

We demand nice leaked videos like those from the US event ;)

Great time with Albert and Jason, the security point blank refused to let me in, but big thanks to Jason, the ladies at the info desk and the massive English speaking security guy I got in. This sim is going to blow you away It's superb, the occulus rift headset literally puts you in the cockpit at one point I reached forward to grab the stick!!. If anyone has any doubts you needn't have the cockpits are superb, the flight modelling is just as good and the audio is spot on.These guys know what they're doing and they're doing it. Dusty took.loads of images and video, my phone stopped working for don't reason so my images are gone!!. Thanks again for a great time with perfect hosts, apologies to the 1c lady who thought I was spying on the game folder, the sim turned off and I was looking for the .exe,,,,,must've looked dodgy sorry.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the quick report, Smurfy. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip just as much!

I tell u what JtD I love Deutschland, sehr freundlich und sehr schone damen, die 1c frau im rote war beste. If I've made mistakes in my German its because I didn't use Google translate!!

This Dusty guy was driving back home. Had to show it to my squadron first. There are images of the il2 and loadout screens. Keep you posted. Nice meeting with you all.

Thanks for the reports guys, and to Jason for trying so hard to let us normal users get early access to the sim, even to the point of 'bending' the expo rules a little.:-)

@Smurf

The exe wasn’t obvious, and yes i’m also wondering if we looked like Pooh bear fishing for his honeyjars while glancing at the folder to the ladies.

About the pics and vids collection, I hope you guys will share and link...

Can't wait!

Me too!

Hi Swoop,

Indeed... I've flown as EAF322_Dusty and what great memories :biggrin:  You can still find me on pictures with Serval and Bear.

Still working out the pictures of gamescom...

Teaser :)

iv94ep.jpg

Edited by 322Sqn_Dusty

All pictures and video's are taken from screens. These do not show the game as seen for yourself! Due the use of headphones no sound can be heard...those are getting better and better :biggrin:2dt66f8.jpg

Find the crash site...

Edited by 322Sqn_Dusty

Hi Swoop,

Indeed... I've flown as EAF322_Dusty and what great memories :biggrin:  You can still find me on pictures with Serval and Bear.

Still working out the pictures of gamescom...

Teaser :)

iv94ep.jpg

so...as this bad boy revolves in the rotunda...do you see a Mig-15 or F-86 in the background?....

Everyone,

Thank you to all who were able to attend Gamescom and come see BOS in person. The show was crazy busy and it took effort to attend so we appreciate it greatly. Albert and I enjoyed meeting everyone and spending some time discussing BOS and flight-sims with you. I'm sure you'll see some photos and videos pop up from the week which is good, but please understand that everything (especially the GUI and Damage Models) is still a work I progress and things will change. But as those who attended saw BOS is a living breathing and working piece of software! There is much work to do before we launch early access, so stay tuned and if you have friends who are into simulations (and I don't mean farming sims) help spread the good word. We met with a lot of European press and showed them what BOS is about, but we know most of our customers come from word of mouth. Whenever I meet such great customers it reminds me of how great and powerful this community is.

Special thanks to:

Christian

Merlin

Ian

Frank S.

Martijn

Frank A.

Nikolay

Tom

Chris

Pieter

Jan

Onward and upward,

Jason

• Upvote 1

Everyone,

Thank you to all who were able to attend Gamescom and come see BOS in person. The show was crazy busy and it took effort to attend so we appreciate it greatly. Albert and I enjoyed meeting everyone and spending some time discussing BOS and flight-sims with you. I'm sure you'll see some photos and videos pop up from the week which is good, but please understand that everything (especially the GUI and Damage Models) is still a work I progress and things will change. But as those who attended saw BOS is a living breathing and working piece of software! There is much work to do before we launch early access, so stay tuned and if you have friends who are into simulations (and I don't mean farming sims) help spread the good word. We met with a lot of European press and showed them what BOS is about, but we know most of our customers come from word of mouth. Whenever I meet such great customers it reminds me of how great and powerful this community is.

Special thanks to:

Christian

Merlin

Ian

Frank S.

Martijn

Frank A.

Nikolay

Tom

Chris

Pieter

Jan

Onward and upward,

Jason

I know you were able to show BOS on your Oculus Rift developer kit, but were you able to get your hands on the HD Oculus Rift prototype at the show and/or meet some of the Oculus Rift reps.

I checked the threads here, but it didn't jump out at me.  Then I assume it was the SimHQ thread, where I asked a similar question, and you answered the post in SimHQ while I was typing here.  :)

We have to thank you Jason!

Cant wait to see you next year!

Best regards Chris!

Hey Dusty :) hope you come and fly with us again over Stalingrad mate. Quite a few of us are flying Cod on Thursdays, ROF on Mondays and we are just about to get involved in another massive multi sector SEOW campaign in North Africa with HSFX IL2. 

Cheers

Edited by EAF19Swoop

Nikolay and Tom here:

Can't thank you enough Jason. The game is amazing,and plays amazingly.Don't have any pictures,was too excited playing and trying to figure out questions.

Was a great show,the game is forming up amazingly,it looks amazing,and one of the best things imho is the sound,the sound quality is mind-blowing. It will be a insanely nice flight sim!Can't wait!

I send out a big thanks to Jason and Albert as well, Im not usually so bum licky lol but I had a proper good time, learnt a lot and saw enough to make me believe this will be the start of a long and interesting journey . I was most impressed with how these people are full on open about the project and their willingness to answer questions with total honesty, how many more devs would go out of their way to get punters into the show, especially the idiot who didn`t buy a ticket prior to the event because he didnt realise how massive it was (that would be me). Top people, really made us welcome, Frank and Dusty great fellas to . Cheers for letting me in.

• Upvote 1