Attached are the release notes for Blitz 4.57. Steam should automatically update. Also, we have revised the AI order and command menu. These are functional for the most part, it is still a work in progress. These are not yet perfected and there are still anomalies that haven't been looked at. We will continue to improve the AI and the commands while we work towards the release of 5.0.
Bugs that were fixed: https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/842 https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/479 https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/817
While creating the upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk of the CLIFFS OF DOVER series, we
also improve many things that also benefit CLIFFS OF DOVER BLITZ, so we're very
happy to release this new patch 4.57 with the following improvements:
- Fixed: Bomb defuse message shows when rearming non-bomb-carrying aircraft.
- Fixed: Individual magneto keybindings (e.g. Magneto #1 on #1 Engine - Toggle) not
effective on single engined aircraft.
- Fixed: Fiat G.50, mouse clicks on magnetos in cockpit not effective.
- Fixed: Static Objects loosing underground portions when seen from more that 499m.
- Fixed: Artillery cannot be manned by players.
- Fixed: Naval and Artillery will fire at targets in range even when not having a line of
- Fixed: Spitfire amp meter shows incorrect values.
- Fixed: In patch 4.56 the autumn trees on the Channel Autumn Map were erroneously
replaced with the summer trees. This has been corrected
- Revised AI: Order Menu (aka TAB Menu) commands for AI now are functional.
This is a further step in a series of AI improvements we hope to make for CLIFFS OF
DOVER BLITZ as well as our upcoming TF 5.0 Tobruk release.
ATAG_Pattle will be back in the next few hours to hopefully give you a little bit more info and perhaps a more elegant guide about the AI menu/commands.
Regarding the menu, the options will vary depending on which side you are flying and which position (hierarchy) you are in your squadron.
The order menu has seven first level entries, being Recipient, Help me, Maintain Radio Silence, Mission, Air Targets, Navigation, and Ground Control.
Every one of the above besides Mission and Ground Control are relevant for commanding the AI.
Dark red options are not available, red options are available, and orange options have sub-entries (Colors may change in future updates to be more user friendly).
The Order Menu is navigated with keys 1-9, and 0 to go back one entry. When holding down Alt or Ctrl keys, you will have additional options.
With 1. Recipients, you enter into the recipients menu which allows for two additional command modifiers (Alt and Ctrl).
You may press any number and select one of the recipients for the message. You may hold Ctrl and press any number, and you expand certain menu items. Holding Alt and pressing any number you can select as many Flights as you want as long as they are under your command.
Like I said, hopefully Pattle can get something more elegant together when he returns. Our Beta testers, most notably Bonditaria and DerDa may post here if they would like to give you more detail since they have more knowledge in this area. Bonditaria also has a quick youtube video showing the workings of the Alt and Ctrl modifiers.
Thank you and enjoy!
Oh, and why not: