To modify the FOV angle
in the file :
IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad \ MODS \ 3Dmigoto_VRBOS_12.1 \ bin\ game \ users_settings you must:
1. save the file called "user_keymapping.ini" if you ever made a bad handling.
2. open "user_keymapping.ini" with Notepad or others
3. scroll down to paragraph "view rotation settings"
4. We can see two paragraphs.
-each of them modifies one side of the rotation of the view (left and right)
-there are 2 angles of rotation proposed : 15 ° and 30 °
followed by their values:
$ cosView =
$ sinView =
,and this, for the left and right sides.
5.The default angle is 15 °
- "Yes, but how do you know that?"
- Because the two lines that follow after ; 15 ° :
$ cosView = 0.965925
$ sinView = 0.258819
dont start with a semicolon ";"
The simulator only takes into account lines without a semicolon ";"
6. Do you want to change to 30 ° of "rotate view" ?
We will make sure that the simulator ignores the values for the 15 ° of
"rotateview " !
a) For that, we will put a semicolon ";" in front of the lines:
; $ cosView = 0.965925
; $ sinView = 0.258819
Values that change the "rotate view" for 15 °
And that it takes into account the values concerning the 30 ° of "rotate view"
b) For this, we will delete the semicolons at the beginning of the lines:
; $ cosView = 0.86602
; $ sinView = 0.5
Values that change the "rotate view" for 30 °
Warning ! to do for the left and right sides ! :
; rotate view left
; rotate view right
- eh! But your file contains values for 45 ° !?
Yes ..., I pilot on a very pretty wooden chair but which does not have an axis of rotation. And I have the stick between the legs ... So to see the
gentleman who wants generously share his lead stock with me, I often have to take out my eyes of their orbits.
So I manually added values for 45 ° based on the originals.
If it can help other people in my case ...