All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The damage model of the whole plane needs reworked. It's like flying a glass bathtub.
  3. ...maybe, and I stress the word "maybe" not due to fire from an enemy aircraft, but given the destructive power of the German 30mm I'd have to wonder about that given what I've seen them do to B-17 wings. In any case, the only way they come off in a dive is hitting the deck portion of said dive.
  4. I am quite new to IL-2 (one month or so ). I fly only in VR with the Odyssey+ and IL-2 looks great. What I don't know is with the most recent update that adds the ME262 and other new aircraft, I can't fly them myself but can only have them as AI in Quick Missions. What must I achieve or pay for to be able to actually first person fly these new aircraft. I don't see what DLC to purchase or must I achieve a certain skill. Thanks for the help in advance! Dave
  5. Honestly the topic of this thread is “TrackIR or VR”. Asking people not to post their opinion is a bit off. Everybody gets to post.
  6. Well, to be honest, if tecno chat is enabled, I rather have % than actual values. For flaps, if I'm flying a plane I dont usualy use. And I also dont find the actual flaps indicator, Lets say tecno chat says flaps 100%, I KNOW my flaps are fully deployed. If instead it sayd for example 45 degrees, is that fully deployed? I dont know if I dont know/remember the plane. Lets say ata on a 109. It says 1,3. is that close to full Power? It depends on the model of 109, right now if ir shows 90-95% throttle you know you are pushing the engine hard.
  7. I Second this! I love this tool, I use it to make a basic mission and then just add in a few planes here and there and within a few minutes I have a working mission. Many thanks. An intercept preset would also be cool. Keep up the good work.
  8. Today
  9. From Buddy in the 332nd, shot on Combat Box on PSVR on PC.
  10. Danke... war sogar schon auf Disabled
  11. There's a few fallacies at work here with your post. Not the least of which is that to even have this notion you'd have to be thinking from an "online only" point of view, forgetting entirely the more significant single player aspect of the product.
  12. Balance, what balance........are K4 1.98ata and 262 good balance?
  13. Let's hope they are going to tweak out the numbers on all this and make these new implementations more realistic. Having said that....I like the direction they are going with these new features.
  14. Ok, this server isn't intended to be running 24/7 and is currently in an open testing stage, but it will be running frequently. At the moment, it's running copies of the the pre 3.10 update missions from the DED Normal server, plus an edited version of their Kuban mission with mixed plane sets at both airstarts. That edited Kuban is currently the only mission with the me262 available for now, and is somewhere in the middle of the rotation. The rest are running in alphabetical order. All missing descriptions (something I've tried to get working, with no luck. Presumably, due to them being created in a Russian language version of the editor, and updated in an English language version). Eventually, it should have it's own missions (I'm not a mission builder myself, but I know people who are working on some) rather than shameless copies, or perhaps a combination. Whilst it's intended mostly as fun and partly to fill the void during the turbulent nature of the DED Normal server atm, there is a working stats page running for those who like to see how they're doing. ohmydogfight.co.uk:8080 Be aware though, that this is running on a local machine of mine, so the stats page will only be available when the server itself is. Any issues, let me know, or post here. I'd particularly like to know how the AI planes are behaving in the Moscow mission, as they were warping a little on my end, and that was from an internal connection, but I didn't see any performance issues on the server itself. Edit: Also, there will be some inconsistencies in the stats to begin with while I keep tweaking the custom scoring system. I might settle on the DED normal values (which aren't the defaults on Vaal's system), but the values on here have changed a few times.
  15. Yesterday
  16. Wow, beautiful skin! Where's the link?
  17. How do you find spotting ground targets and distant planes, better or much better?
  18. I found the Rift S a nice improvement over my CV1, and with the lower refresh rate of 80 Hz I am getting very similar in performance as I was getting with the CV1. I did not need to reduce any graphics settings for the Rift S. I did reduce SS from 1.6 to 1.4, image looks great to me.
  19. I have been very pleased with the graphics at 2xAA so have not really tried the 4x. I will give it a go tomorrow and see how it does.
  20. Well, not really someone who is good at recognizing fonts, maybe because of my bad handwriting. But yeah I think I took one of the German Luftwaffe fonts I had around. I rather tried to read the red triangle for two hours until o found out it reads Ejection Seat and Danger in 3 Languages and decided to not use it. But if you ever find a font that is it, or close to it I would gladly take it.
  21. The only down side to MP that I've run into so far is (and I feel bad bringing this up about someone), there's this one poor dude that always flies on the same servers as me that always seems to be injured, kind of a bummer hearing about it but at least he doesn't go into details. I don't know what side he flies for or how he keeps getting hurt, he might be banging his elbow on his desk during hectic furballs (hate when that happens!) or maybe he has carpal tunnel from the new startup key presses, but man you gotta really admire his persistence in sticking with the game. Get well soon, anonymouse dude, S!
  22. Yup. If the overworkedness of the commander/loader has to be modeled by giving the T-34 a slow reload time, fair enough. But, the way I see it, when I pilot a tank as a single player, I'm all of the stations and should be able to jump between them instantly. Why does it have to be the gunner who opens the hatch? Sure, the new visor is nice, but I regard the crippling of the station jumping as unjustified. Now that I've played around more with jumping between the 2 sight-types... the exagerrated mouse sensitivity when using the periscope sight is really what turns the new tank into a death trap. No 'realism' argument works for this UI failure. The new gear limiter functionality is nice, and recovers some steerability, but involves being noisy. The old ability to steer at a medium speed, say in a forest, at low rpm, i.e. stealthily, is certainly gone. What I forgot to mention in my original post is how the engines are now even more prone to breaking, when bumping into invisible trees at low speed. Basically glass engines. Since ages I've been harping on about how they should fix the invisible trees, and instead we get even more easily broken engines. A feature I brought up months ago, having 'soft' collisions with objects such as trees, would also help making the interaction with organic objects like trees, more realistic, more, let's say, tank like. OTOH, a feature some new players have only very recently been asking for, in-mission repairs (no doubt originating from other tank games), has been implemented, and isn't remotely realistic. The in-sim time is meant to be real time, not accellerated time like in some strategy games. Thus, a 1 or 2 minute track repair, or 5 minute engine repair, is a joke. The irony is that we break our unrealistic glass engines when we bump into unrealistic invisible trees, and then we are thankful for an unrealistic 5 minute engine repair.
  23. See the "Player Enters Plane and Is Kicked Out or Plane Is Destroyed or Goes Underground", on pg. 186 of the editor manual.
  1. Load more activity