All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 1C hasn’t let CloD die. They gave TF all the tools we need, and we’re working on it right now, with a beta for 5.0 in the works.
  3. From the store page: Ten legendary battle tanks that can be manned and operated by the player - T-34-76, KV-1s. M4A2 “Sherman”, SU-122, SU-152, PzKpfw III Ausf.M, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, PzKpfw V Ausf.D "Panther". PzKpfw VI Ausf.H1 "Tiger" and Sd. Kfz. 184 "Ferdinand". Those are all tanks, assault guns, and tank hunters. No SPAA. The only real AA capability there is externally mounted (like the commander’s M2 in the Sherman). And those aren’t going to be much help.
  4. Well I've tried a few more tests and it is looking like the most probable culprit is Graphics card memory but that is far from conclusive. There was a mention in some of the threads linked above that Vsync might help and it sorts of makes a difference... I initially thought having Vsync turned on was solving the problem as after five re-launches of the same mission, aside form the first second or so of each re-launch having a wildly fluctuating FPS it settled down to where I'd expect it based upon how the mission runs the first time I load it. However by the sixth re-launch it failed to settle at where it should be and remained at approx. half the expected FPS, subsequent re-launches of the same mission continued to show the problem. I tried the same expt. on a much earlier and less technically demanding map. I don't know if having Vsync on actually solved the problem there or simply "bought" me enough extra re-launches of the mission that I got fed up waiting for the next re-launch to show the drop in FPS... On a simple mission just sitting on an empty runway on the Lapino map the sim started up multiple times, each one at around 70+FPS with Vsync turned on, whereas without V-sync by about the third or fourth launch I was seeing that drop to about 40FPS. The same test of starting up a mission just sitting on an empty runway on the Kuban map would first launch at 45+ FPS. With Vsync on I got about five or six relaunches before FPS dropped to about 20. With Vsync turned off I only got about 3 re-launches before I saw the same FPS drop. HH
  5. "Hang on boys, I think he's trying to tell us something..."
  6. IMO im sure that Devs will finish all three sims to the end of year. They are working very hard on them and IL2 serie is better and better. When i see how small is this team, it is admirable that quality is already high in the early access phase and is higher with every patch. This does not only apply to aircraft and tanks, but also to overall physics and the formation of flight atmospheres. I do not know any other simulator where I would have so enjoyed it during the fighting, and in no other simulator did I fly alone on the maps just for pleasure. For this reason the team has a deep compliment. I personally wish Jason and the team to fulfill their dream and cover the whole of WW2 as before the BoS release, Jason said in an interview. Meanwhile, they've got a great deal to do. I also think they managed to create a great community. In fact, I look forward to the next aircraft and tanks, and I am more and more impatiently awaiting the announcement of the next series scenario.
  7. You are reading something into the screencap which is not there. And repeating your speculation multiple times will not create a problem which does not exist. There is no issue with the framerate in TF 5.0 or the new aircraft. We are in process of building campaigns for the major TF 5.0 aircraft on both the Channel and Tobruk maps. Some of the TF 5.0 aircraft are not designed for use on the Tobruk map and some are not designed for use on the Channel map. As for example, all the versions with tropical filters obviously were not used on the Channel Map... and vice versa. Some models only saw service on the Channel map... for example, the 109F-1... Spitfire IIB... Spitfire Va... etc. And obviously the Macchi C.202's did not see service on the Channel. And certain field mods of the Hurricane also did not see service there. Neither did the D.520 see service in the area covered by the Tobruk map.... although it did in other areas of the Med.
  8. No worries and thanks for your reply! However, with the following in your sig block what did you expect? Mobile_Barbeque - It's who I am. It's what I do. If I'm not on fire, then something else is! Premium quality meats cooked over forum-fueled dumpster fires! Get yours today! Axis salt makes the best beef jerky. - Confucious **Bachelor's Degree in Peshkanomics**
  9. Hucky

Endlich IV

Einen schönen Guten Morgen
  10. Hi Jason Babenhausen (Y-77) is only 5 kilometers away from where I live. I´m at work till noon, after that, I will see what I can do. I´ll keep you in informed.
  11. and from store page: Tank Crew contains ten famous tanks and armored vehicles that you can drive, shoot and command in virtual combat alone or with friends. Tank Crew also comes with a map of the Prokhorovka sector of the Kursk Salient.
  12. Today
  13. Thanks folks for chiming in with various thoughts and ideas, sometimes reports of technical probs don't get the same response from the community here as posts with pretty pictures and exciting videos... Anyway it is both reassuring and alarming in equal measure to hear that this is an issue affecting others, reassuring to know it's not that there's something inherently wrong with my PC if the same problem can affect new PC's, but alarming that there's no clear consensus about what needs to be done to solve the problem. HH
  14. Do you at least read what I’m saying?
  15. I honestly don't think I use that few rudder in IL2 ? I believe that from the start of the takeoff run to the end I have to keep it pressed ( right rudder ) all the way down. But I will test further and report back. I have given up on the Spitfire due to the strange trimming mentioned above by JtD. Really hope they have the time to revisit it's flight dynamics some day.
  16. Thank you buddy, nice skin indeed. Hopefully we will see some more US skins. S!
  17. There’s no mention of them on the store page. Fighters are going to be essential to protecting tanks from ground attack aircraft.
  18. Bit late but hope all you chaps and chapettes enjoyed a happy Easter. I'm calling in from a holliday roadtrip on Sri Lanka, hopefully on a plane back home soon.
  19. Hey, @TeufelHunden , since you openly called me a liar and being full of sh** on the server, when I was wondering if something was wrong with server connection, because I got disconnected twice in about half an hour (I normally do not get disconnects very often), because "you saw" that I was vulching and was hit three times by AAA before disconnecting. So, let's look at the mission logs, like mentioned in the server chat. About being disconnected twice in half an hour: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/7560/II./JG77_Kemp/?tour=47 First disconnect in a mission that started at 20:08, shortly after takeoff. Second disconnect in a mission that started at 20:30. Now this second mission log, where "you saw" me vulching your airfield and being hit by AAA three times: http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/4274680/?tour=47 Takeoff at 20:31:25 First hits on enemy A20 at 20:39:47 Last hits on enemy A20 at 20:40:54 After which I was disconnected, with no hits from enemy AAA or any other enemy fire or any damage to my plane. The enemy A20 that I hit had been flying over 10 minutes before I hit him, shortly after he had dropped his bombs. Was that what you called vulching? So, after taking into account what "you saw" and what the mission logs show, maybe you want to re-evaluate which one of us was full of sh** and a liar?
  20. You could also argue that a rock accelerates quickly when dropped
  21. I've been planning to spend up to around 200GBP (maybe a bit more) for a set of new good quality pedals - I'm located in Australia, so it would depend on whether you're interested in shipping the pedals to Australia and how much it would cost me - if it fits within my budget then I'd be keen. I've only heard good things about the BRD pedals and that price sounds good for brand new ones
  22. Ah... wrong sort of brasilian. Never mind.
  23. Thanks @ShamrockOneFive, this absolutely makes sense. In my case, after a major hardware upgrade (new Mainboard, CPU and RAM) I'm suffering from micro-stutters even more than before, at least it feels like. While in low-medium populated areas everything's fine and I get more or less stable 100+FPS, high-massive populated areas, especially when being populated with lots of different AI actors, causes massive microstuttering, especially when moving your head around quickly or turning the plane. It's much more noticeable inside the cockpit than on external views to me. Now that we need to enable 4K textures to be potentially stutter-free, the GPU VRAM usage of course increases with it. And if many different actors are visible in the same spot, and the textures of all of them don't fit in the VRAM at the same time anymore, the system needs to load/unload textures while you're looking around all the time. My GTX 970 has 4GB VRAM, but only 3.5 GB have the full bandwidth. Seems like as soon as I get closer to that limit, the stuttering starts. Add to that, since Microsoft rolled out the Spectre/Meltdown patches, with microcode-updates for newer CPUs, I get the feeling that especially latest CPU series (Intel 8000 and 9000 for instance) suffer badly from certain limitations applied for security reasons, which is probably why on my newer rig, even though the frame rates are much higher than on the old one (i5-9600K vs. i5-2500K), the stuttering even feels worse. Mike
  24. Thank you for the video! I will keep it to show the difference with IL2.
  25. Some interesting snippets from the Performance sight. Dive Comparisons http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47c-afdu.html Stick Forces http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/p-47/p-47c-8thaf-tactical.html
  1. Load more activity