All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You must be in a permanent sense of elation as you fly over that empty map
  3. A bar showing pilot strength or health will be an absolute arcade cheat. In real life you cannot anticipate how much strength you have left in your body, real pilots did not know, they will fight until the last drop of their strength if needed to save their lives, sometimes resulting in blackouts, redouts , being shot down or crashes.
  4. I appreciate your response Alonzo. If it was 1 or 2 early/mid map(s) I'd visit more often. I'd even stay for the late war stuff too, even if that day's rotation didn't align the early/mid war map(s) to my session time. I do like the AI additions. Do they scale back as more players join? If not, it might work out well if they do. And..... Yes, the radio chatter can be maddening. I hope there's a way to slow or stop it. I find when I use GPS, I get lazy. Instead of flying the plane, I'll end up "flying" the GPS marker until it's pointed where I want to go, then closing the map. It's gotten me jumped more than I like to admit. I've found that once I've got the hang of the map, it's a lot easier to just look out the window and know where you're at without calling up the map overlay. Really does help keep the ol' eyes "outside the cockpit" so to speak Kuban: Coast lines, lakes and rivers - easy nav. Moscow: A lot looks the same, landmarks are small and hard to differentiate - hard nav. Stalingrad: If you can't see the big freakin' river you've made a wrong turn - medium nav.
  5. This sounds like a bad idea, if only because I really don't want this to apply to chronically underfed soviet pilots...
  6. sure and all German planes get a 50% chance to spawn without fuel or ammo, right? let's crank up the fun real good!
  7. Wow, nice shots! I hate attack Peshkas cause I die in almost every time that I try and you do it very well, you estimate properly the distance until the target! Keep videos up! Salute!
  8. No wonder devs often don't like to show early look of their games since bunch of people cries about everything (especially when it says WIP). Even if it won't be Crysis 4 graphic or some super detailed sim. If they go for great SP experience with maybe dynamic campaign then i would totally buy it.
  9. One important aspect to model right in BOBP now that pilot strength and fatigue will become factors is the late war superior Allied pilot stamina: A pilot fed with bacon & eggs or steak & toast should have no problem tiring the opposition. Consequently, I foresee a large amount of K4's lawndarting since the poor Nachwuchs only had half a Brötchen and some watery Ersatz for breakfast.
  10. Many times I've seen head-on collisions only explode 1 plane and the other goes home just fine..... Netcode is a funky thing.
  11. If i remember correctly jason said, that they have one or two tricks in the sleve they can try, but there is no resources and time for that now. Maybe reworked ai can help a little. I can play nicely in qmb with 16 planes but not in career. Ground units with aaa also eat cpu resources.
  12. Well great, I hadn't seen those thanks
  13. I´ve flown many of these missions as flight leader and had never a mission without encountering enemy planes. I guess the problem here might be that the OP flew as a wingman and was dependant on the flightleader AI. I can second that. I guess I have an average of 2 kills per sortie. However I like it that way. I think modelling the boredom of real world fighter experience would not do this game any good and would reduce the fun factor. It is a game after all and when in doubt a design decision should always be made in favour of the game aspect vs. the realism aspect.
  14. Today
  15. I've been building missions for our ongoing MP campaign lately, and I was very dissapointed to learn that there is no option to put infantry on the ground. They only come in small numbers as crew for AT guns and such. This makes it really hard to make realistic and immersive targets for ground attack aircraft, as infantry was obviously a critical part of fighting on the ground, and tanks or trucks don't really cut it. Is there any plans to add infantry units to the mission editor? If not, why?
  16. Wow, why would the delete his post? Well, I see that he has not logged on the forums for ove 1.5 years, so he probably hasn't made any new cockpit guides. Thanks for the reply Jim.. Maybe I should post the ones that I have.. I think I have them all. I have 11 of them..
  17. Many people, including myself, have posted exact locations including screenshots and videos.
  18. Can I steal your topic for a bit. I was about to make a similar title . This is old and from Norway filmed with a 8 mm camera
  19. BTTF.De Lorean Time Machine .....so far.
  20. For fighter missions I strive for mostly contact but not always, which is why I limit things to one mission per day. More contact for Germans and a bit less for Russians. I let the "in between" represent sorties with no contact. I want to have fun in my limited time, not achieve perfect realism. I want the fun to be close enough to not be jarred by the silliness of the situation, but I am not looking for a perfect depiction of air combat on the eastern front. With the AI still not extremely talented and suicidally courageous it is very, very easy to rack up kills. IMHO the first part (not extremely talented) is just fine to represent the average WWII pilot. The "suicidally courageous" part is not. Planes should be bugging out way more often. If that could be made to happen it would be a major boost to immersion. An example from the German side: Hartmann flew 1500 sorties. He made contact with the enemy over 700 times. He is credited with 352 victories. Slightly less than 1 victory every 4 sorties and every 2 combats. As noted earlier a PWCG mission (and probably a career mode mission as well) is more likely to represent a combat encounter than a sortie. In my campaign I think that I have more kills than sorties. If the AI tried to save itself with greater conviction I would have significantly less. P.S. This is not an AI whine. The 1C AI will at least make some attempt to save itself, which many flight sims do not. I just think it could be a lot more. If my plane was leaking glycol I would make an evasive maneuver and bug.
  21. Hello! talked with Thor earlier today about joining, and he said to give this a peak. Not to sure about the procedure for this event but I guess I would like a stuka if possible? if not Im happy with anything really. Thanks very much, I look forward to flying with you all! Bibo.
  22. Albino

[MOD] Icons

Wow Ptk this is game changing. A huge improvement for immersion. I will spend more $$$ supporting our shared hobby thanks to you
  23. I'm using win 7 at the moment. I think my gtx 1070 is 8gb ram. I'm only running at 1080p so should be more than enough. I made some changes last night by disabling vsync in game and on nvidia settings, but set target frame rate to match my screen (60fps). This meant i didn't get any screen tearing. I set options to high and kept things fairly basic. I then tried the scattered density campaign again and still getting weird slowdowns and judders. Framerate is constant 60fps though. It's starting to look like nothing much in the settings can actually help and that the cpu requirement for campaign is very demanding. I wonder if there are plans to utilise more than 4 cores as things go forward. I mean with all the demands of ai, physics etc it might be the future. When I get a chance I'm going to try hosting PWCG on a laptop and connecting to it via local network and running a campaign there. Maybe splitting the load between 2 computers might help? The downside I think though is that Dserver only runs on 1 core. Have been looking at some of the ryzen 5 chips, 2500, 2600 etc. They are a cheap option but might be good for a cheap upgrade?
  24. Well I was accepted. And by the look of it the BF external model is no disadvantage to what we have here. By my knowledge.
  1. Load more activity