All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Same problem. looks like game is having a hard time connecting to Master Server. Can make it work by going to your Computer files for IL-2 Sturmovik Game IL-2.exe You may get a message about not connecting with master server, just keep hitting ENTER.
  3. Turning circle like a spitfire Highspeed response make structural breakup of the wings very prominent despite lack of evidence for such a problem Available ammocounts are missing aswell and not the standard ammocount for fightersweeps 1. On the first topic: http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/tempest/tempestafdu.html http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/tempest/tempafdu.gif Turning Circles FW.190 BMW.801D 41. There is very little difference in turning circles between the two aircraft. If anything a very slight advantage lies with the Tempest. Turning Circle 47. The Tempest is slightly better, the Me.109G being embarrassed by its slots opening near the stall. Turning Circle 28. The Tempest is not quite as good as the Mustang III. Turning Circle 35. The Spitfire XVI easily out-turns the Tempest. I'd expect it being close to equal with a D-9, yet a temepest in the vertical just runs loops inside the D-9 all day and sustains tighter turns better ingame, yet it should be easily outaccelerated by those big pedals of a Dora or FW. https://books.google.de/books?id=ZM6hDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=tempest+D-9+dogfight&source=bl&ots=LP6KwfJQYf&sig=ACfU3U3qlg4PNKh4S6fzNBPEkHXvOlfsbA&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiTo6Gw-7DlAhXQ-qQKHbGtDhoQ6AEwDXoECAYQAQ#v=onepage&q=tempest%20D-9%20dogfight&f=false swapping planes, I'm flying spitfire @4:25 slotting in, spitfire on tempest @ 7:00 slotting in, tempest on spitfire @ 11:10 As a minor point which may indicate a too high CL (missing PEC?) is that VNEs are unreachable next to a 10km 90° vertical dive and only then at below 2km. They may have been predicted speeds, I havent spend the time fiinding testflights on it 2. Ask anybody about the first few fight in the tempest, you can even rip the wings from flying level applying a bit quicker of a stiiickmove, I havent seen refences to wingfailures. It should also handle high speed stalls see point 45(II) https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/attachments/tempestv-pilotnotes-pdf.34006/ 3. We certainly have room for 870 plus the one unkown box not specified in this source other sources indicate that this is bigger than the 145 box https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SMuTDgAAQBAJ&pg=PA134&lpg=PA134&dq=%22hawker+Tempest%22+%22ammunition+box%22&source=bl&ots=WBSruGU8ui&sig=ACfU3U0borp8nv_e42HBxhRUUUS1yt2IFQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiY2tWyzZvlAhXMSBUIHRBeA0oQ6AEwC3oECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q&f=false https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/230625718092955649/633255999847006237/Screenshot_20180822-180021.thumb.png.b805f7b8c6f451f1d962d48c5af93163.png https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/230625718092955649/633255999847006238/Screenshot_20190814-224949.png
  4. Meanwhile... ...and that's what you get for flying a Bristol like an airliner because there's only one other pilot on the server. And making fun of Larner. S! @IV./JG51-L_Welter, you ended our 7-kill (mostly AI) streak.
  5. No sound when bullets hit my plane, I keep getting destroyed without knowing someone or something is shooting to me. No sound from bombs or rockets explosions.
  6. At the moment, I can only think of: 1 - WWI flak batteries, machinegun batteries and balloons. 2 - add some 20km of map south of Cappy, which appears to drawn most of the players as of right now (Somme River, a classic / vintage) but a proper mission can't be made. Once, on approach to land on Villers-Bretonneux online (at the Somme), I received a warning that I was leaving the map area. You can barely go south of the river before hitting the wall. Airfields like Cappy, Warfuse and Foucaucourt would make a good compact mission for daily play, just like we had in ROF. For some reason they missed big on that. And what about airfields? Can people build airfields in open areas for multiplayer? Flatten the ground or eliminate the sticky ground effect?
  7. Not sure if this needs better support at Il2's end or more SteamVR's end. I notice that Oculus native VR titles already are using Foreated Rendering. I have had a hit and miss experience with Fixed Foreated Rendering with Il2. At lower target resolutions it can be used successfully but it looks like garbage. At higher render resolutions where it would really benefit Il2 - it is not stable but - when it works (target resolutions of 5k x 5k per eye or above) it looks great and makes a decent impact on performance especially at Large FOV on a Pimax headset. Anyway - this is the way forward for VR rendering especially as headsets become higher in native resolution and wider in FOV. It will stop people dreaming of a RTX 5080Ti- Super Duper card from Nvidia and instead allow for them to be used on todays hardware. That and better utilisation of SMT/SMP and higher CPU core counts.👍
  8. It happened to me a few times some time ago.But im pretty sure it was an HE round from the AT gun.
  9. Nice one mate, good to see recon models getting some attention
  10. YIPPEE

Spotting.

And this has what, precisely, to do with BMS scaling? Yes because rational people want function over form. Also you might even say that not being able to see an enemy when you should is part of the "graphics" as well as the gam If there was a properly implements scaling solution no one would have an "advantage" This is completely false, irrelevant to what should be done in il2, and also a petty attack on people who disagree with you. Also with this opinion you must be truly flabbergasted by literally every person who plays video games ability to function in both the games and in real life.
  11. Today
  12. Well. I dont consider the spit vs 109 turn performance because as he said he did not fly the spit so for me that is not a really valuable opinion. I really beliebe that the Spit IX was just a little bit better turner than the 109G and thats all. And of course they are not pulling planes to the limit of Gs but they are making the same for any aircraft not just fot P51s so when a Pilot that owns a 109 and a P51 tells you that is not even close I think he knows what he is talking about. They are not retarded and they know that they are not pushing the engines to the limit but sure they can know what the plane is capable.
  13. P-51D 44-63279 HL-Z 'Mr. Ted III What a coincidence - but this beautiful plane has already been made. A North American P-51 Mustang aircraft (HL-Z, serial number 44-63279) nicknamed "Mr. Ted III", of the 83rd Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, Duxford. This aircraft was piloted by Colonel Frederick C. Gray, Jr., who from May 1944 was Commanding Officer of the 78th Fighter Group DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/t5svlehbio7kui9/Mr_Ted_III.dds/file
  14. Omg, you are 110% correct, Pat! I really feel we’re lacking real 2-seaters, and that’s what I’m most hopeful for with regards to my “collector planes” wish. I can’t believe I overlooked the balloons though. That should be an absolute requirement! S!
  15. Finally something we can agree on! 😉 All the math might make sense on paper but in an actual game it just looks bad. Well we have already established that 48.1% of the people on KOTA prefer gigantic blobs visible at 40km. There are always people who just don’t care about graphics over competitiveness. I wouldn’t want IL-2GB to have to force that choice on anyone. Having an ugly looking game just to get an advantage. And playing BMS will just ruin you for being able to function in any other sim. That’s for certain.
  16. I've made some of these groups within the mission part of various templates. I've gotten the planes to fly toward a target I made rather than the target within the mission. I did not change the attack command area mcu's in any way other than to move them to cover my new target area. They are still on the original waypoint routes. They fly to my targets but don't drop bombs. This was also within a multiplayer environment as opposed to single.
  17. One thing that I have noticed is that the airfields appear to be way too small. The planes cannot take off in the confines of the field. I am trying to mitigate the issue by pointing the planes towards open space, but it is a PITA.
  18. Guess what. I few years ago I told something very similar to a former pilot who ACTUALLY flew and was the Captain of a 737, DC-10, 747-100-400 for British Airways for a good portion of his aviation career going from early 1980s to mid 2000s and he thought that was pretty cool that I knew that. For the last sentence, I was also meaning myself and a qualified 737 pilot in the cockpit during takeoff. It wasn't really an order, it was more of a recommendation/suggestion as I want to move on from this, just like you probably do. Sometimes when someone makes a sarcastic/dark sarcastic comment about someone else or someone's loved one, close friend, or what someone wants to do, etc. they may not realize that your being sarcastic. EOD ( END OF DISCUSSION). Final comment, Terminer, FINIR. Kaput, Done. Let's focus on something else Please and Thank you😐
  19. YIPPEE

Spotting.

The BMS scaling is fantastic. You wont find many in that community who do not like that games spotting system. Option 3 would be the best I think, but honestly the odd issues with FOV are a minor issue in BMS. Id take them any day over the "blind" experience we get in il2 or DCS.
  20. One my favourites. I like the piano part a lot.
  21. Aye, early war is where the rubber meets the road in PTO. By February of 43, after Guadalcanal, the Japanese were almost entirely defensive from that point on. That's not to say fierce fighting did not take place afterword, but it wasn't the knock down, drag out, force parity brawl that took place over Henderson in late 42. I like a flight in a Corsair or Hellcat as much as the next guy, but early war best, flying either side.
  22. In the video of the Camel, does it force land after the engine loses power (trail of dark exhaust smoke) or is it planned ? The over rich mixture after take off might be because "I ease back the fine adjustment slightly as the Pup accelerates – as airspeed increases, the propeller unloads, the engine accelerates and centrifugal force enriches the engine. I can’t support a rich cut on take off, so the mixture is leaned during the take off run. " ???
  1. Load more activity