All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Can the turret be controlled by a joystick and if so how do you configure. I have joystick selected in the settings menu but I can only operate turret with a mouse. Many thanks.
  3. I麓m pretty sure they will do a Normandy expansion and spare the Typhoon for that. We will know before X-mas once they announce their plans for the next module.
  4. Thank you, sir! If more people ate worms, this would be a merrier world. (But with more indigestion, probably...)
  5. There are ways to do this without a G-load bar. I detest unnecessary HUD clutter. One way would be to have the camera sink sight under G-Load (although this is not possible in VR). Another way might be to add audio cues as the pilot strains against the G.
  6. I was wrong about being wrong. I now think I was right.
  7. Hi Startrek, the annoying rotating trees has been here since the RoF times. Never occurred to me that they could be solved through graphics settings, thinking they must be something more related to the code. Will try your settings disabling the filters like you've shown on your pictures and report back. Let's hope it work here too, as they are really distracting. About the shadows, haven't seen them flickering on my end yet. Running on medium for a few weeks already, but it's good to know that high can cure it if this happens.
  8. Rubbish! It is one of the most beautiful aircraft in the game! 馃槢
  9. Two things that would be good to have now that physiological limits are going to being modeled: 1) Sure hope that AI will be similarly limited as human players and modeled accordingly. Otherwise I guess many (including me) will most likely not activate the feature. 2) Introduce a visual g-load bar: IRL you are very much aware of you g-load but this is currently missing in the sim and if g-loading your pilot now will have more serious implications, we need other feedback than the current greying or blacking out which comes to late. I'm sure some "purists" will argue that IRL a pilot did not have a visual g-load bar which is true. However IRL you have the "seat of the pants" feedback which is very much present so actually, a g-load bar would not detract but actually add realism. So if we in the next release need to be more careful for how long and to what extent we are exposed to g-loads, we need a feedback channel. For example: You do a steep dive and then do a pullout: IRL you would move the stick to do maybe 3-4 g's in the pullout and hold it there. IRL you would do it by feel but how would you do that in the sim without a g-load bar? The reason not to do to many g's is also not only physiological: Avoiding excessive g's also conserves energy. Currently I have no idea when I BnZ in the sim: Am I pulling 2, 3, 4 or 5 g in the pullout? IRL it is quite easy to do it by feel. Maybe not to pull exactly 2.1 or 5.4 g's etc but to pull an appropriate g-load for the situation. Ergo, hope there will be a g-load bar. Make it optional under realism so the "purists" can fly without it but give us the option to have visual feedback as a substitute for the seat of the pants feedback you have IRL.
  10. Bueno ya esta confirmado otros aviones nuevos que todav铆a no hay informaci贸n de cuales van a ser. Yo apuesto a que uno es el Spitfire Mk XIV uno de ellos ya que es muy Vox Populi la cuestion de ese avion, facilmente es uno de los mas pedidos de la comunidad si no el que mas. Hay una corriente alterna de ataque tierra que pide el Mosquito tambien pero la gran mayoria pide el Spitfire. Yo diria que a mantener los dedos cruzados por dos cosas. Uno porque sea el avi贸n para los aliados, si es que es uno solo, y dos, porque entreguen un modelo acorde a las fechas y no algo fuera de fecha. Que sea el Spitfire Mk XIV de 21lbs de impulso del ultimo semestre del 44. Para Alemania el asunto es borroso. Hay mucho de donde sacar. Ta-152H, Ar-234, Bf-109G10. En aspectos hist贸ricos ya tengo mi elecci贸n fijada y lo dije, el G-10. Yo ya estoy feliz, cada vez falta menos para que Bodenplatte este completo, ademas del nuevo sistema de tolerancia a las G que va a poner fin a muchas maniobras sin sentido de mucha gente
  11. I think it will be a 'Mosquito'. I would love to have a Typhoon but the fact we have a Tempest makes it unlikely as it they will have to fly in the same maps and the Tempest is so much better. On the other hand, the Tempest will not be equipped with rockets so maybe they will make the Typhoon for players more interested in GA. They have already told us that they cannot do a playable B25 yet and that means no A26 either so the Mossie & Tiffy are the only allied aircraft significant to this battle but not yet available. On the Axis side I can only think of the 190-D12. One left-field thought is the DC-3/LI-2 which would give us something useable in the Russian maps as well as something potentially useable in Bodenplatte.
  12. Great job Pat, thanks for all of your hard work. Two quick questions/observations... First, I'm not seeing the patrol routes on the map during the mission since updating. The waypoints show on the map as you to them, but the black route lines are not on the map in game. Is anyone else seeing this? Is it a new setting I missed? Edit: looks like I'm still using 6.1.2. I'll download 6.1.3 and give it a try... Second, on the AAR summary screen (after the debrief), the first "kill" assignment is always incorrect. Most times it reverses the info, showing the pilot to have shot down his own plane or another allied aircraft. Last night it credited a kill to the one AI pilot that filled out the flight, except he was shot down before the we encountered the aircraft he was credited. I'll try to update this post with a screen shot later if I can...
  13. Friday Night Bomber Flights Aug. 23rd @ 19:00 UTC.: Operation Mako!" Mission Time: 10:18-13:00 Conditions: 15*c... Clearing... Warmer... Winds from the Southwest. Situation: March 1943. Facing encirclment to the north, 17th Army begins withdrawal and attemps to consolidate in the North Caucasus... ***Please note Time Change to 19:00 UTC. **Patrol areas may be shown on Map. Additional targeting to be sent via PM. Full FNBF ROE will apply. *Battlefields UK_1 Server Settings for Friday Night Bomber Flights will be Full CEM, No Icon, No Navigational aides. *TS will be the Official BoS server (108.61.114.3:9407) password bos2014; in one of the MP Channels. *Note IP Change to BoS TS. =Backup TS Address will be: ts3.riseofflight.net:7777 - Password: 1917 Axis Ju-87D-3 (8) 1) [DBS]Tx_Tip 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) Ju-88A-4 (4) 1) 2) 3) 4) Bf190G-4 (6) 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Bf190G-6 (4) 1) 2) 3) 4) Allied IL2-42/43 (6) 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Pe-2 s.87/A-20B (6) 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Yak-7B (6) 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) Yak1-B (4) 1) 2) 3) 4) Signup Here... Or on the BF Site Here: Battlefields Mako Signup Look forward to flying with you. Tip
  14. My thoughts too. The fact that so many sites back up the story is meaningless as everyone just copies each other.
  15. Quick question about flight recordings made while playing with VR. Is it possible to play them back in 2D and control the point of view using TrackIR? It seems like it is not possible. The camera moves the way it did while I was flying when in 1st person mode. I know that I can control the view if I play it back in VR, but that doesn't work if I want to use editing software on the playback.
  16. Looks like lag to me. If I'm not mistaken, the track records what happens on your end, not what the server is actually registering as hits.
  17. Today
  18. Hopefully, when finalized, there will be an explanation as to if and how the physiology module will affect AI pilots/gunners.
  19. I bet on the Arado/Spit XIV. With the B-25 and DC-3 coming later along the timeline and released one at a time. Bf and FW will be reserved for full releases; Typhoon probably for a Normandy release one day... Same for Mossie and Me410 being reserved for earlier scenarios in the 1944 timeline...
  20. As far as I am concerned they are instant preorders for me. Where can I place my money?
  21. Thanks guys for all your work on the tank skins. This is very much appreciated!
  22. What was going through this pilot's head (besides a bunch of bullets)? Did he really think this was a good idea? Did he think he would survive? Sometimes you just have to wonder...
  23. Just to say thank you again ++++++++ Because thanks to your work I was able to participate in the creation of some nice past and future cooperatives for our group and sometimes other invited pilots. Great working base that greatly simplifies the "complex" editing of missions in Greats Battles.
  24. @P_Gora You can simply use mixture control for all engines like screenshot above. If you have engine damaged or something and want to use mixture control on only 1 engine then simply click 1 or 2 on your keyboard. You select engine you want to use and now you only control that engine. You don't need to spam buttons on every engine. Simply select engine and then use main mixture control.
  25. Hello all Over the past few days a few of us have been enjoying the A-20 and learning most of the systems, what a fantastic aircraft to fly. We are interested in using the pwcg to generate more interesting missions with more diverse targets for the bombers at longer ranges and a higher levels of flak? (Just to get that real catch 22 miniseries feel to everything while approaching the target) Playing on the Kuban map we mostly have attack troops, artillery and the like. Is it possible to amend this in some way to have us target cities industrial areas or ports for instance? I have wondered about moving the "target approach" waypoint to an area we would like to bomb and cause the mission to spawn ground objects along the flight path and sort of roleplay our own mission ignoring the actual objective. Also editing the amount of aircraft in the mission to pretty much our own flight/enemy intercept flight to allow for greater numbers of ground units and enemy flak positions (though with my aging I7 4770 I don't expect miracles). I have included a map example of a generated mission below. One thing I have tried is changing parameters in advanced config so missions are at a 300,000 km range but the missions generated are pretty much the same distance, never really taking us over the front line some 60-100 ish km. It for the most part seems more like a ground attack role so far playing as bombers and would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any suggestions to help diversify this element of PWCG.
  26. Roger that, missed the sarcasm 馃榿 I meant more that there is less Arado material on which to draw. Alos - possibly - the new jet work may be less mature and more time-intensive.
  27. If you can wait some more... only buy Bodenplatte. It's a steal considering the huge amount of content you get! P-38J Fw 190 D-9 P-51D P-47D Spitfire Mk.IX Tempest Mk.V Bf 109 G-14 Bf 109 K-4 Fw 190 A-8 Me 262 And a huge map that covers all major battles from sep 1944 to apr 1945. This will keep us busy for a long time I can tell you. If you are not into Eastern Front stuff, then the other maps are not relevant since the above (Allied) plane set is not/hardly used there. And in MP you can still fly the other maps anyways. If you would want to jump in now then perhaps add some collector planes that are frequently used now on those maps: P-40 or Spit MKVb (if you like Western planes) so you can join MP servers. If you want to do SP/campaigns now, then you should buy one of the other "battles": BoM, BoS, BoK.
  1. Load more activity