All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My initial thread expressing my discontentment and wish for better allied bombers and a more even schedule release has turned into content that has become more entertaining than the game itself! Go into Wings of Liberty server for instance, on most nights, my squad mates have noticed that there are often more axis pilots to allied pilots at a ratio of 2:1 and sometimes 3:1! Weekends tend to be balanced. Why do you think more pilots are favoring axis planes over allied planes thus far? I challenge you to a duel. You take any allied plane you want and I will choose any axis plane I want. I have flown every axis plane offline, and they are easy to master. Or if you want something more challenging, fly a P-40 and I will fly a. BF-109.😃 I put some of my sorties on youtube whatever the outcome win or lose. Some if my videos include 3 axis planes taking their turn in shooting me down in an A20, Man o man the skill it takes to put me down is epic!
  3. Funnily the man behind the DS was an aeronautical engineer. It was a fantastic car, the hydraulic suspensions made it ride like a princess. I have to agree with Heliopause that having a general Western offensive or say a Battle of France and the Low Countries expansion would be better if such a project is to ever see the light of day. Both battles were linked anyway. The map could stretch from the south of the Ardennes region to the north of The Netherlands (say up to Texel ), and include bits of south east England to the West. The map could then be reused for a Battle of Normandy 1944 expansion perhaps. This said, this would be a super long term project because lets face it, the full release of BOBP, FC is probably in late 2019, then after that they will probably tackle the Pacific which is a huge endeavour. Most customers would probably favour a Battle of Normandy 44 over any BOF for several reasons. Then again let's not forget that we have unfinished business in the East for a 1944 scenario. So any chance for a BOF&LW would be a super long term project, considering they could think about doing the Mediterranean front/Sicily/Malta first which could also be a very popular expansion. I mean it is like having a Battle of Finland, I would like to of course, but when could they possibly release that.
  4. I've had some recent problems with my computer. Now I can't install PWCG BOS, RoF. What I get is a message window like this; "This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.7.0 - 2.0.0." I can't seem to find any reference here. Am I the only one this problem? Thanks for any ideas.
  5. No, that's not the problem. The problem is that you don't understand what early access means. In the future wait for the product to be released.
  6. Yesterday
  7. Pretty much what Kestrel79 said, flew the original il2 then fb/pf/46 for years on hyperlobby ( i still remember fondly the 'Greatergreen' server on hl) but i was younger, single and with plenty of time to be involved in a squad. Now i mostly play offline due to how convenient it can be to get flying quickly and stop whenever you want and a lack of time. What i enjoy the most is to have as much historical immersion as possible. Flying in missions with a specific flight plan and objectives in the context of the war effort and ongoing operations on the ground. That also implies missions with more emphasis on the bombers objectives, collective discipline and teamwork to avoid losses. To do that online i must be part of a squad. Free hunt is more about mastering your plane's limits in order to become more competitive in fighter matchups. The emphasis is more on the individual score/performance but it can be very fun indeed, did mostly that in the past. Though if you fly alone, chances are you will be flying against virtual squad(s) on radio comms quite often, so it is not beginner friendly.
  8. Somebody truly has pissed in your cheerios. It must be tiring being so negative and angry all the time. Maybe try meditation. 👍
  9. I have the same thing?????????????? All of the regular server are down???
  10. I'm actually okay with the variable winds, but people keep shooting at me. What can be done about that?
  11. Darmstadt´s finest freestyle street and tatto art. Since 1994
  12. No... not fully. I acknowledged risks but still I hadn't expected such cluster-****. I have no claims but will not hesitate stating experiences. The next (IF) time the company will have to deliver it FIRST. And you don't help anyone, not even the company, with your cultists like behavior.
  13. Wtf, are you playing with arrow buttons, buy a Joystick pls. And what is the matter of posting this? That you killed some youtuber with your Playstation Controller? Congratz then I lost some braincells watching this for sure, can I claim physical injury resulting from negligence watching this!
  14. Hello guys! I was flying at CB right now and after mission ended. Servers list is gone. No, mods are disabled. What could been happening?
  15. there would have been a third option between buying early access asap and waiting to full realease... You could have baught in, when the content you want to use is released - crazy I know. But it seems you would have enjoyed such a decision more...
  16. SP here too. Would rather play historically generated dynamic campaigns on my time and be able to leave when i need to and play when I feel like it. No letting anybody down, no gladiatorial brawls, or people with short tempers (I play Mech Warrior Online for that). My time, my campaign, my world. I appreciate that some of you like the multiplayer aspect, but it just isn't for me.
  17. No need to use Steam after you have linked your account with IL2 purchases. When you launch the game from your desktop using the downloaded icon it checks for updates before giving you the red PLAY bar. That's both a good thing and bad in that the updater will be running in the background while you play. To avoid that go to - C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\bin\game - and select the application exe file (red star). Right click it and send to desktop as a shortcut to use when not updating.
  18. 🤣🤣🤣 Nobody made you purchase an early access title, the term and use of it has been around for years now. You know what you are getting when you purchase it. Please don't pretend otherwise. Hash needs to close this thread, it's not going anywhere it should of been closed immediately.
  19. The MP is still underdeveloped so no wonder it's not more popular. How long it took to get a basic thing - a proper chat widget? There is no lobby screen. Network bugs are running amok and seem to be immortal... Scoring and logging algos are bogus, too.
  20. You would see a difference within the margin of error. IE not worth it at all. Dburne went from a much older intel cpu to a new one that's why he saw a performance increase.
  21. I just think it feels horrible in this game, makes the plane feel like it's moving through mud or something. I don't like it at all. But apparently other people do, and it's your guys server.
  22. Spitfire Vb SK-E (serial AB986) of 165 Squadron and flown by P/O Warren 'Smokey' Schrader, RNZAF. http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/download.php?view.1040
  23. Looks like some of you don't understand concept such as utility, opportunity costs and the time preference. I could spend my bucks everywhere; I could get what I wanted earlier from someone else. Eventually, I found an alternative and got all important (and basic) stuff working properly from the very start. Before, I had bought the BOK specifically for the P-39L - I really expected it to be released before the year's end. Then a sudden and unexpected delay happened... three extra months of wait - a wasted time per my purchase; I should wait. Now, the very similar stuff is happening with the BOBP. I should wait, again. Getting paid well before delivering finished goods with practically no guarantees about time, what is going be available and when, fidelity or reliability... Receiving money on such terms looks like a true entitlement. Lessons learned. There won't be 3rd mistake of mine. Go enjoy rampart bugs, nonstop delays, weird modelling... nothing is going to change for better with such "softly" customers (or cultists).
  24. (Edit: Apology to dd_delta7 for hijacking thread, but) I've got to ask. When did you order? Back in early Feb, when I prepaid to confirm my order, I was no. 6 on the queue according to Ismo. He estimated end of April before he could get around to my order. End of April is fast approaching, and my anticipation is building. He did say, that as his is a one man operation, any unforeseen circumstances such as vacation, family issues etc could cause delay. I'll wait till May 1st before I start bugging him, but I'm interested to know whether your order came in on schedule.
  1. Load more activity