All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. It would be nice if they could add the free velikiye luki map to the career mode. It would make for an awesome JG51 Fw-190 campaign. Now the Fw-190 options are indeed super limited. I can't fly a Fw-190 over Stalingrad *error*.... 😆 Grt M
  3. Hucky

Endlich IV

Einen schönen Guten Morgen
  4. Yes. As for flying the aircraft, you look at IAS. However, structural issues as wing flutter are dependent on TAS. @J5_Hellbender, I think I said just that: quoting him „... if there were no friction...“ I then said there really isn‘t much. That‘s all. But be it. In the real world, instruments are usually not that precise on average for subtleties like that to matter much. I don‘t have TacView, but I guess you could use that to find out if the devs made the Anemometer differ slightly from TAS. I wouldn‘t have bothered doing that. We also have compasses that point exactly north, so why the fuss? (An idea for sabotage: make the pistols magnetic. Fun when they are bringing along those in the cockpit.) But thank God times are over where AC designers would mount relevant instruments that far out of the cockpit.
  5. I really don't know why he persists. If he doesn't find himself wounded or on fire, he invariably runs out of fuel. Poor chap.
  6. I always associated Microprose with immersive singleplayer titles, not online crowd shooters. It will be interesting to see how this one fares in the current market and if it can find a viable place for itself.
  7. Adjusted the calculation of frontline movement a bit. The frontline should now move at least double the distance than before.
  8. Ok, but Jason simply stated that "a Mossie would be sweet and totally doable too" and not that "the Mosquito is quite possible [to happen]". I might be splitting hairs, but the latter comment is somewhat ambiguous and misleading. All of the mentioned types have some merit and could be included down the road if there's a fitting scenario, but the Mitchell Mk. II and the Ar 234 B-2 are the only real options for BoBP as only they would be usable in the game's main feature, the campaign. Nothing I necessarily need, but the disregarded P-61 "Black Widow" would fit the BoBP map and timeframe. Its main adversaries, the Nachtschlachtgruppen, are going to be part of the ingame campaign and this might be the only feasible option for a Western Front night fighter campaign in BoX. Moreover, the P-61 itself was frequently used for (nocturnal) ground attack missions - it's like a Mosquito NF and FB combination fitting the scenario.
  9. Today
  10. I'm lead to beleive, from his other frequent comments, that he is on fire.
  11. I dont know if it works with the latest version, but Veteranen had some nice Scripted Campaigns, both for the 109G2 and FW190: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13912-veteranenmissions/ Heres the direct link for the FW campaign (its played on the Velikie Luke map): http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads4&file=details&id=15
  12. I use this: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31215-pimax-8k-5k-vr-headsets-coming-to-kickstarter-this-month/?do=findComment&comment=719474 It also helps to fix the Pimax better to my face.
  13. Seaw0lf, very helpful listing of planes side by side. The Camel was conspicuously absent from the list however. If this was by accident, perhaps you would consider adding it to your list for the sake of documenting the complete list?
  14. The first minute is basically you shooting me down i thought you were a lot further back n was hoping to roll over into the vally before you got close. then nudging my 262. good times.
  15. What is an optimal diving angle of p-47? (With this angle you will reach greatest distance in shortest time, the best angle to run away or pursue someone) Different planes have different angle, as it is the optimal way to transfer your engine power and potential energy (altitude) in to speed. I think this is what some pilots meant when talking about "great diver". It can maintain high speed at most shallowest angles and this run away faster or pursue someone better.
  16. Fine job! Thanks for sharing M&M.
  17. An Albatross DVa dressed up with a Greentail has never looked so good! Thanks devs!
  18. one image equals to 1000 words. Very graphical description
  19. I agree with the Impossibility of using the keyboard when in VR, only for some not frequent commands and little chatting. This is easily solved with a good combination of Throttle and stick (I made my own throttle with mmjoy2, having enough buttons and axes) But is true that once started playing with VR it is difficult to come back to flat monitors. About this, I've played until past month with an Oculus Rift CV1, and its true the loose in therms of competitiveness, but for me, not enough to come back to flat monitor and TIR. Last week I've received my Rift S, and the difference is enormous in therms of spotting capacity and image quality in general (for good), with no loose in responsiveness. So about you question, I think that with the previous generation of VR HS`s, maybe the answer could be any of them depending on the player. With the coming VR HS`s generation, started recently with the Rift S, I have no doubt that VR is the way to go over TIR and flat.
  20. HiIIBiIIy

SE5a

The "Trim wheel" does not work at all for me! I set the mechanical trim on my J-stick full forward and still had to hold a lot of forward stick. It is NOT flyable for me, very disappointed.☹️
  21. A curious WWII USAAF ace score: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Edward_Curdes#/media/File:Screen-Shot-2016-06-28-at-12.37.49-PM-468x360.png[/img] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Edward_Curdes#Pacific_Campaign_and_shooting_down_an_American_aircraft
  22. In the game Graphics settings uncheck the Display in VR box on the right above HDR, OSSA etc. That will return it to your monitor after a restart. My headset wakes up when I start my computer also. Simply close the app when not in use. When not in use the headset will show a small green led slowly flashing. That is a sensor that will start the headset when it detects a close object, presumably your face. Does no harm to leave it on and uses no resources while idle.
  23. The FW190A-3 campaign for Stalingrad (a purely fictional appearance) is mostly a fighter campaign. Might interest you.
  24. Thanks, Gordon and Redcloud. I'm glad I'm at fault, believe me! I only have one follow up ... how do I enter 2D mode? Even if the Odyssey+ is sitting on the table, "off" (even though I never unplug it ... which I guess is another question I'm ignorant on ... to unplug or not to unplug) WMR wakes up my headset when I start IL2 and my screen splits in two and I seem "forced" into using VR. Should I just simply turn off "Enable VR" in the launcher when I need to set up my head positions, and to spectate skins I'm working on? Cheers! S!
  1. Load more activity