All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I fly in an organized group that runs a weekly multiplayer campaign. Try attacking a flight of 6+ bombers flying together in a tight box. The gunner situation is bad when discussing classic multiplayer scenario of one or two bombers being attacked. When the enemy is flying in a squadron sized force and implementing actual tactics it goes from funny to beyond ridiculous really bloody quick.
  3. Ha? what do u mean? build ugly aircraft is an other french's defect among the many others? good joke!
  4. You cannot be closer than others. There is a limit as far left or right or up you can go until your head touches the glass. this is simply a matter of different zoom and angles. @RedKestrel is correct:
  5. Nice to know. On a related note, what was fake_vehicle designed to be used for?
  6. btw their are many browser games. I totally forget about them. But you can just google and find a dozen...
  7. Thanks for your reply. Tried both launcher and the basic exe in the directory. Sorry, which startup do you mean?
  8. I don’t know what it is about the French character, but they make some very distinctively ugly aircraft. That has ‘Designed in France’ written all over it.
  9. Thankyou. Can I ask a follow question though because in this case I *must* be reading the charts wrong. On that same 7b chart the line marked 'Oil[o]' shows very little variation as the rad is opened while the line marked 'Oil[w]' shows a drop as the rad is opened. I was under the impression 'Oil[o]' was supposed to show how the oil temperature changes as the oil radiator is opened and 'Oil[w] shows how oil temperature changes as the water radiator is opened. That would not make sense as I would expect the water rad to have little effect on oil temp and the oil rad to have a big effect. Am I confused or did you make a mistake on the labels?
  10. Today
  11. Just remember that a given target at 100m is 10 times the size of the same target at 1000m, so other things being equal you were always ten times as likely to be hit at this range. Obviously they are not equal: the deflection is greater for the shot to the side, but on the other hand the side on aspect area of a fighter target is many times greater than the head on aspect. Given the rate of fire of the gunner's MG, if he aims so that you fly through the bullet stream - something that is not so hard to do at 100m range as there is close to zero bullet drop - you are almost certain to be hit somewhere. 200kph = 56 m/s, a fighter 10 metres long will travel it's own length in 0.18 sec. MG 81 rof of 1600 shots per minute, 4.8 in 0.18 sec. The only issue really is whether the gunner would be in position and have enough warning to get the bullets into roughly the right place. If he can, you should expect to be hit.
  12. I don't know what the others are talking about, in pictures 2 & 4 you can clearly see that his head is closer to the canopy, and is even slightly lower than yours, he is also zoomed in slightly more but it's still clear he's closer. Your other head angles are close enough to his as to not make any difference. (It's also pretty obvious in 1 & 3 I'll add.) As to solving it I'm afraid I have no idea, I play offline in VR so it's a non issue for me.
  13. Hi Dendro! May be this helps https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/help-in-understanding-power-requirements-for-evga-gtx-1080-ti-sc-gpu.3320250/
  14. Whatzzzz? O quê ? WTF ?????? No way.... Well... on 2nd thoughts, a 744 can climb ( Vy ) better than an A320.... Hmmmm
  15. t was allways like this. No changes for years. Fake block - it is a "building" which have collision but have no visual model. It was designed to be used specifically in Career where we can't set Entity for buildings in map pre-designed scenery (while it can be easily done in custom-made, not-generated, missions).
  16. Watching the development in CPU during the last 5 years, it is safe to assume that the single core clock speed won't make any real leaps in the future. Same goes for Intel's new chiplet tech. They'll run a single maincore - as right now - along with a few Atoms beside it. Hence, the only way to get IL-2 running properly in VR is to have the developers upgrade and optimize their engine to use multiple cores and dx12. There is no other way. And there won't be any other way.
  17. You're lucky, I was on Rift #3 when I sold mine. Fortunately German consumer laws protected me and ensured replacements. None of it ever fell down or was damaged by shock. The first simply stopped working all of a sudden. The second simply went one-eyed pirate a year into use. It led me to believe that I will want to avoid Oculus in the future due to their bad build quality (perceived on my end).
  18. Don't worry! It's not necessary to setup room space, it's just that you create roomspace with borders once - then when you restart, you just wave the headset left to right hand side thus it recognizes where it is now. Compared to setting up the Oculus if a sensor has slightly moved, it's nothing, it's really easy
  19. Aint that the truth!
  20. Flew a few missions tonight. Nice work, Alonzo. Thanks!
  21. Hello, I have some problems with my MS FFB 2 joystick. 1) When I play multiplayer and later I go into singleplayer, the force in joystick is stronger and it is not FFB, It is same at every joystick position. 2) When I am in mission and go into controls menu, I have the same problem as before. 3) Sometimes the FFB on elevator turn of. It happens only when I start new mission, not in half of the mission. I have this problems only in BoS and RoF, DCS and IL-2 1946 works good. Thank you for your answers, Rannisokol
  1. Load more activity