Photo

Rudder pedals of your wet dreams....

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Tvrdi

Tvrdi

Posted 09 July 2013 - 21:25

are been made...in my country, by a talented dude whos name is Milan....Hes ben working on high quality (much better than anything that simped offered) rudder pedals (in every aspect). He named them MFG Crosswind rudder pedals.Heres the link for his topic on simhq and a few of his videos of adjustments, features etc...The thing is MFG pedals are more durable than anything on the market (VKBs maybe are of same quality) and are probably the most adjustable.

simhq topic

BTW, he offered me to test them and compare em with simped vario and saiteks but I didnt have time so other guy from my town took em on test and compared them with his F16 simpeds....he said these are better than simpeds....As Milan told us he is considering to go in production (maybe to have a small workshop like mr Hofmann had).

Edited by Tvrdi, 09 July 2013 - 21:33.

I will never be a part of a collective mind. Under any circumstances.

#2 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 10 July 2013 - 00:33

Are they ffb?  They look great.

#3 Tvrdi

Tvrdi

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:16

Are they ffb?  They look great.

Nope. But I will ask him whats the plan...

Edited by Tvrdi, 10 July 2013 - 08:17.

#4 Tvrdi

Tvrdi

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:32

Can edit my post so I will post here.

He said the peddals are designed so they can be used with FFB but for now, he still doesnt have a proper electronics to implement that (so that it can be og highest quality like the rest of the pedals).

Price will be 250 euros (330 bucks) + shipping + eventually taxes....

All the info you can get on his mail:

meanstreak@net.hr

btw, here is a closeup pic:

link

Edited by Tvrdi, 10 July 2013 - 09:41.

#5 AA_Engadin

AA_Engadin
  • Location:Obviously, planet Earth. Er, or perhaps it's not so obvious, uhm, what planet do Monthy Python come from? ...

Posted 10 July 2013 - 13:54

Great looking and a fairly good price, IMHO! Same performance as the legendary Simpeds? Count on me for a set :)

Good job.

AA_Engadin

#6 [DBS]TH0R

[DBS]TH0R
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2013 - 17:29

As good and Simpeds, and then some. :)

I am currently testing this brand new model vs. my Simped F16, and can tell you that I prefer the MSG Crosswind pedals. They can be set up to represent the spring action on Simpeds (linear stiffness), and at the same time (my and builder's preference) to a more exponential setting (similar to what sim racers do to their brake pedals). This translates into much higher fidelity, as brain memorizes a required force much better than distance. All thanks to different cam profiles and modular lever settings on which the spring is attached to. Simpeds on the the other hand have a very distinct center (more of a bump). Because of this MFG Crosswing pedals allow for a more responsive maneuvers that require fast switching from one side to another. The center is there and you can feel it accurately, but it doesn't feel like crossing over a bump. Pedals will ship with two cam profiles, we are now in the process of selecting the best ones out of five the builder has sent us. I will be forwarding them to two more testers (as of now) once the review is complete.

The toe brakes are a story for themselves, and so is the crazy level or ergonomics which was IMHO Simped's (F16 model at least) biggest flaw. More on that when I put together a YT review and comparison.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R, 10 July 2013 - 17:32.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 |  Dedicated Bomber Squadron

'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories

#7 AA_Engadin

AA_Engadin
  • Location:Obviously, planet Earth. Er, or perhaps it's not so obvious, uhm, what planet do Monthy Python come from? ...

Posted 10 July 2013 - 19:04

Perfect! Thanks mate  :salute:  Anxiously waiting for the review.  ;)  Just one question: I am 1,90m. tall with two long legs and I guess I would need a wider separation than the average

between the pedals  to get proper ergonomics. I am probably wrong but haven't found any reference to this feature in any of the vids above. So, do you know if the separation between these pedals is adjustable at will?.

AA_Engadin

#8 Bearcat

Bearcat

Posted 10 July 2013 - 20:38

Wow those are nice.. I have a buddy who would get a set in a heartbeat..

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 [DBS]TH0R

[DBS]TH0R
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2013 - 20:42

Perfect! Thanks mate  :salute:  Anxiously waiting for the review.  ;)  Just one question: I am 1,90m. tall with two long legs and I guess I would need a wider separation than the average
between the pedals  to get proper ergonomics. I am probably wrong but haven't found any reference to this feature in any of the vids above. So, do you know if the separation between these pedals is adjustable at will?.

AA_Engadin

The only thing you can not modify is the distance between pedals themselves. Everything else is adjustable (angles and spring stiffness for each and every feature). But they are (IIRC, I could be wrong) one or two centimeters wider than Simpeds in this regard, and you can actually swivel the pedals to better suite your natural leg position when flying. I am 1.78 m tall and the pedals width is perhaps a touch too wide for me (should be perfect for someone taller than me like yourself). This is where the swivel option comes in as ordered. I've just set them to the middle position (between parallel and max swivel angle) and they work perfectly for me.

The way I see it, and this goes for Simpeds as well (the criteria why I purchased them over CH pedals), they need to be wide enough for someone who wishes to put them into a simpit (i.e. center mount the joystick).

If all goes well, the review is due in less than two weeks.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R, 10 July 2013 - 20:43.

#10 Sokol1

Sokol1
  • Founder

Posted 10 July 2013 - 23:54

Engadin,

http://simhq.com/for...swind_model.jpg

Metric dimensions.

Sokol1

#11 hqPeterZvan

hqPeterZvan
  • Founder

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:27

These look great.

One thing I am interested in is what are the electronics - which sensor, which controler, what resolution.

Any chance to get a pair for a test or early buy Tvrdi of a test sample?

I am VERY interested in them as my simpeds are close to dying and I see that there are some great solutions on the pedals - love the cam / spring solution - great thinking there.  

If there is any possibilities to get a set I can come over soon.

#12 Tvrdi

Tvrdi

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:01

He mentioned somewhere but I will ask him about electronics (all I know he used top stuff)....about testing....you can always contact him or Thor as he is testing them right now. But you must come to Zagreb for a beer hehe....

These look great.

One thing I am interested in is what are the electronics - which sensor, which controler, what resolution.

Any chance to get a pair for a test or early buy Tvrdi of a test sample?

I am VERY interested in them as my simpeds are close to dying and I see that there are some great solutions on the pedals - love the cam / spring solution - great thinking there.  

If there is any possibilities to get a set I can come over soon.

Edited by Tvrdi, 11 July 2013 - 08:02.

#13 Tvrdi

Tvrdi

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:45

@Zvan - electronics is from Ukraine, made by GVL224 for BRD and it is used (in last 2 yrs) on BRD pedals...

Sensor is KMZ41

Hall effekt for brakes is Allegro A1302

Precision : rudder cca 3800 true positions - linear

brakes cca 1000 positions linear - thru 20 degree of braking, full resolution thru 0-62 degree which is total pedal adjustable angle...becouse sensor is secured so it stand still while user adjust pedals angle

Edited by Tvrdi, 11 July 2013 - 08:53.

#14 AA_Engadin

AA_Engadin

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:46

Engadin,

http://simhq.com/for...swind_model.jpg

Metric dimensions.

Sokol1

So, 494 - 105 = 389 mm. of distance between each pedal's centre. It fits perfectly my long legs and big feet, even in the event, quite frequent in my case, of hard pushing forth the pedals during dogfighting. In one of the vids, you can see both pedals move towards the center line when you move them, but being so separated will prevent 'knee clashing' to long legged guys like me.

I have already said 'perfect' before, haven't I? ;)  Thanks Sokol1.

AA_Engadin.

#15 hqPeterZvan

hqPeterZvan
  • Founder

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:51

Excelent - thanks for the info Tvrdi.

I sent an email to Milan for the preorder....

Coming to Zagreb is also no problem

The sensors and resolution seem great - its preety much the best there is atm. All the higher resolution in the T16000 or the warthog is just nonsence IMO (I have both and I much prefer my modded fighterstick with a resolution of 4092 points per axis). Also I have modded simpeds which have a resolution of about 1400 points and it is allready plenty.

if I understand right VKB uses very much a simmilar / same sensor on their stuff as well.

#16 Sokol1

Sokol1
  • Founder

Posted 11 July 2013 - 13:58

So, 494 - 105 = 389 mm. of distance between each pedal's centre. It fits perfectly my long legs and big feet

Update: With a aditional plate is possible do small adjustment in width and hight.

http://simhq.com/for...tment_plate.jpg

http://simhq.com/for...1_p#Post3807929

Sokol1

#17 [DBS]TH0R

[DBS]TH0R
  • Founder

Posted 11 July 2013 - 17:35

The sensors and resolution seem great - its preety much the best there is atm. All the higher resolution in the T16000 or the warthog is just nonsence IMO (I have both and I much prefer my modded fighterstick with a resolution of 4092 points per axis). Also I have modded simpeds which have a resolution of about 1400 points and it is allready plenty.
if I understand right VKB uses very much a simmilar / same sensor on their stuff as well.

The resolution is superb, no worries there. I plan on including the DeviceAnalyser from TM's T.A.R.G.E.T. software which nicely shows each devices resolution once plugged in. As in side by side comparison with Simpeds.

#18 10.[Pz.]/SG9_Panzerbar

10.[Pz.]/SG9_Panzerbar
  • Founder

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:43

Best rudder pedals I've seen so far were Baur pedals. Also, VKB pedals are superb too (I use them).

StaFü 10.(Pz)/SG9
ulVi2.png

#19 Sokol1

Sokol1
  • Founder

Posted 20 July 2013 - 13:38

End user first impressions:

http://riseofflight....p?f=350&t=38253

Sokol1

#20 [DBS]TH0R

[DBS]TH0R
  • Founder

Posted 27 July 2013 - 15:10

Referencing the SimHQ build and development thread.

I'd like to present a Warthog among rudder pedals:

Review/comparison of the two high end, custom made rudder pedals. Recorded with a smart phone, please excuse the shaking and occasional stuttering.

Visit MilanFlightGear website for more details: mfg.simundza.com

[01:22] Simped F16/USB
[04:58] MFG Crosswind
[09:44] PROS over Simped F16/USB
[12:14] CONS vs Simped and in general
[14:16] DCS, ROF & IL2 Impressions
[16:12] SUMMARY

A couple of things I would like to mention:

Inability to adjust pedal width without ordering an extra plate really isn't a con (no pedals have that option), the better headline would be a WISH LIST. Coupled with that are the remarks about toe brakes - an icing on the cake would be a progressive spring here IMO. And last but not least, about the rudder use during takeoff in DCS: P-51D you can see in the video. It is a technique I saw watching this YT video: On Board Mustang Sally. For more information what actually happens during takeoff in a P-51D, you can read comments from a '51 pilot commenting on A2A's P-51D: P-51 tips from a real pilot .

#21 Hunziker

Hunziker
  • Founder

Posted 28 July 2013 - 23:39

Just got to get these,

£215 is acceptable for the quality , work and craftsmanship.

Wish they were black though.

Above us Only Sky

#22 BigC208

BigC208
  • Founder

Posted 29 July 2013 - 20:40

I just pulled the trigger on these. Will be a while before they're ready and ship. Hopefully just in time for BoS.

The total was $421 including shipping to the US. Nice addition to my Warthog. I'm 6 foot 4, finally a setup that's

wide enough for comfortable use.

#23 Caveman

Caveman
  • Founder

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:15

I just pulled the trigger on these. Will be a while before they're ready and ship. Hopefully just in time for BoS.

The total was $421 including shipping to the US. Nice addition to my Warthog. I'm 6 foot 4, finally a setup that's

wide enough for comfortable use.

So...  Looks like you have to pay in advance?  Not too big of a deal but I am curious nonetheless...

#24 I/JG27_Zimmi

I/JG27_Zimmi
  • Founder

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:35

I'm very curios about the performance of these pedals.As I already changed from the X-52 to the Warthog and now I'm looking for some high qualitative controls to replace my saitek pro flight pedals. Would be great if you guys could then give a short statement on their suitability for IL-2 / RoF / FSX whatever.

OLt. Zimmermann Gruppenkommandeur - Weiße 1

sigtest1.jpg

sigtest2.jpg

#25 VPK_CARTOON

VPK_CARTOON
  • Founder

Posted 01 August 2013 - 14:14

Heavy duty. Not for racing (no break). 230$. Two of them left.

http://rutube.ru/vid...6ee/?ref=search

#26 I/JG27_Zimmi

I/JG27_Zimmi
  • Founder

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:14

:lol:

OLt. Zimmermann Gruppenkommandeur - Weiße 1

sigtest1.jpg

sigtest2.jpg

#27 hqPeterZvan

hqPeterZvan
  • Founder

Posted 02 August 2013 - 16:05

I'm very curios about the performance of these pedals.As I already changed from the X-52 to the Warthog and now I'm looking for some high qualitative controls to replace my saitek pro flight pedals. Would be great if you guys could then give a short statement on their suitability for IL-2 / RoF / FSX whatever.

I got the first sold set and I love it.

I fly RoF almost exclusivly and always was a freak for good gear.

I have tried all the joysticks you can think off and ended off with a heavily modified fighterstick which I rate higher than the warthog (which I also own).

For pedals I have Simpeds, saitek combat pedals and now the MFG Crosswind. Saitek dosent even come close to either of the other two.

Simpeds needed modding to get the accuracy up a notch (leo bodnar controller to increase hte resolution by 10 times), but they dissapointed with the weak construction and slop which acctually developed early for me. I fixed them many times, but they always were not what I wanted - they moved under foot weight and changed the position on the sensor during that so it was not really stable. Still I used them for years and value them way over the saiteks.

However when I saw the pictures for the MFG pedals I knew this would be a completly different kind of kit.

And it deffinitly is. Smooth, accurate, quick on the responce, very well built, no slop whatsoever...

Second day in RoF MP I got 10% + better accuracy than I had before with my simpeds. And that is acctually a lot considering my accuracy was always good (before 25%+,  now 35%+)

Not to mention that the flying itself is smoother and the shooting setup is much easier to get right.

Defenitly a must have if you would like to have great flight sim gear - especially for the price.

#28 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 02 August 2013 - 16:51

Very nice. I'll probably get some after testing BoS then. The Simpeds are alright, if a little bit fragile, but toe-brakes would be nice to have and my Simpeds don't have that.

i5-4670k - GTX 660 Ti - 8GB DDR3-1600 - TM Warthog - MFG Crosswind - PC360 - TrackIR5

#29 [DBS]TH0R

[DBS]TH0R
  • Founder

Posted 14 August 2013 - 13:26

Mr. Šimundža posted a FAQ about his pedals and future plans after the first batch reaches its customers:

When will pedals be available?
- Pedals should be in stock and free to buy from 5-15.09.2013

Do you take preorders?
- I will not accept payments until I know exact date of shipping. However, you can send me your order intention so I plan my production better. Sending order intention does not obligate you to buy!

What's the price?
- 262 € + shipping if you pay with PayPal. For bank transfer and Western Union you are granted discount of 4.5 % on total amount - but money transfer expenses are buyers obligation. This is due to PayPal transfer fees.
- I have the right to change the price at any time! I think I can keep this price, but I will know for sure only after I produce few small batches and see if I calculate production costs right.

Warranty?
- I give my personal 2 year limited warranty. Limited means that I will send spare parts and customer duty is to replace possible damaged parts. Warranty claims need to be sent with photos or videos of the problem - so I can grant warranty. Warranty does not include mechanical damage caused by excessive force of over 40 kg of pressure on pedals... and similar excessive abuse of the product, electrical discharge on the USB electronics.
- I am obligated to provide spare parts for at least 5 years. If I stop production and cannot longer provide spare parts I here obligate to publish my complete project so others can build spare parts too.

Other type of foot plates?
- Right now my priority is to start production with Luftwaffe style foot plates. Combat style (F-16/ Boeing) are in development but will not be available in 2013. There are some style discussion about those and need to go through testing phase, that's why.
- So, in the future, pedals will be available to buy with different foot plate style 100 % sure... Customer will be able to buy different style separately or to buy extra foot plates when buying pedals.

Grey or other colors?
- Pedals will ship in white/black color until further notice. Explained: I think I would like my pedals in grey/black too. But to do that I need to order material in large quantity. Right now it's a problem since I don't know how much community need, and I don't have enough money for such investment. I will make a survey on my website so potential buyers can express their opinion and liking based on Photoshop coloring of pedals. Then I will decide what color to use based on most user opinions.

Additional CAM centering profiles?
- First 10x buyers will receive 3x cam profiles. Their obligation is to make an opinion which 2 out of 3 are best. Future customers will get 2x cam profiles standard.
- In future I will most likely develop more CAM profiles, depending if it is necessary or not.
Extra cam profiles will be possible to purchase with pedals, like an add-on... or existing buyers will be able to buy separately.

Price of extra foot plates and cam profiles?
- This price I don't know yet. It's only speculation that CAM profile should cost ~10 €, foot plates I will try to produce in 30-40 € price range for a set.

What if I don't like your predicted spring behavior?
- Spring mechanism is designed in a way that every customer can get his own spring made. It can me smaller or bigger diameter, and shorter than original spring... extremely easy to exchange original spring with custom made one... or some standard off the shelf spring.

Additional width adjustment plate?
- I will publish my design and dimensions of such plate. Customer can make his own easy.
If there are enough inquiries for such plate I will make it possible to buy as a spare part.

I saw you noted that cable for brakes might give up after 5-10 years. What did you do about that?
- I have modified my design to make sure cables last as much as possible. Other than that I made sure that cables are easy to replace by customer. When and if there will be a need for such replacement there will be spare set of braking cable available. It will be with connectors and Hall sensor - assembled set of cables... Predicted price for a set = 12 €. Replacement will be 5 min job that 12 year old child can do, with a little help of quick glue and a screwdriver.

http://mfg.simundza.com/

#30 BigC208

BigC208
  • Founder

Posted 25 August 2013 - 19:41

So...  Looks like you have to pay in advance?  Not too big of a deal but I am curious nonetheless...

The rudderpedals are thru customs in New York and should arrive sometime this week.

#31 AndyHill

AndyHill
  • Founder

Posted 01 September 2013 - 18:03

Oh man that design looks ingenious! The adjustable centering profile is a dream come true and the attachment system should fit my cockpit perfectly. As long as the pedals fit a space that's made for Simpeds...

One question; how about people who don't wear shoes indoors?

Edited by AndyHill, 01 September 2013 - 18:03.

intel i7 2600K@4.2GHZ, nVidia GTX690, 16GB RAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

nVidia surround 5760 X 1080 resolution + a 1920 X 1080 touchscreen monitor

#32 hqPeterZvan

hqPeterZvan
  • Founder

Posted 02 September 2013 - 15:52

I dont use any shoes - got my trusty socks or even barefoot for feel.  Works great with the pedals.

#33 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:59

My order-finger is itching.

I would only need to find someone for my Simpeds though.

i5-4670k - GTX 660 Ti - 8GB DDR3-1600 - TM Warthog - MFG Crosswind - PC360 - TrackIR5

#34 hqPeterZvan

hqPeterZvan
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:07

Do it Matt - you wont regret it for a second.

#35 VSG1_Winger

VSG1_Winger
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:11

I am proud to call myself one of the 10 lucky guys that were part of the first batch.

All i can say is that those pedals are REALLY a superp piece of craftsmanship. The precision in unparalelled. The adjustability leaves hardly any wishes unfulfilled. Including centeringforces of all featured axles.

I had a pair of Simped before those. They were good. But the CROSSWINDS are much better in any aspect. Heck they even look totally sexy:)

If you are looking for rudderpedals you should really consider going the Crosswind route. They might be a bit more pricey than say saiteks but they are well worth the money.
Especially if you compare them with its only "direct competitor" in this pricerange (Simpeds). They win in every discipline.

Go get some! :)

Winger

Edited by VSG1_Winger, 03 September 2013 - 11:12.

"The release date (of the rift) will NOT be measured in multiples of years from now" Palmer Luckey at GDC in October 2013

f6gdcl9khvhq.jpg

#36 dburnette

dburnette
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:18

Oh I soo wish I had not seen this thread...

:)

Sounds like some great pedals in the offering there.

Don

EVGA X79 Dark MB | Intel I-7 4820K @ 4.60 GHZ | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz ram | EVGA GTX 770 FTW 4gb | Corsair H100i cooling system | 2 ea Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD's | 1-tb and 1-500 GB WD 7200 RPM HD | TM Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Sound Blaster Z | Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 | Windows 8.1 64 Bit |

#37 Matt

Matt
  • Founder

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:09

Do it Matt - you wont regret it for a second.

Done. :biggrin:

#38 SYN_Vorlander

SYN_Vorlander
  • Founder

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:27

Salute all,

I received my set of pedals from Milan on monday.

The best pedals i have had. Quality and build is brilliant. Strong as hell. Accuracy fantasic.

Make a plan and get them.

Edited by J5_Vorlander, 06 September 2013 - 09:27.

i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GH, ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE, 32GB DIMM DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN, DELL U3014

2x  OCZ-VECTOR (RAID), Seagate 3TB & 2TB

#39 Don_Kojote

Don_Kojote
  • Founder

Posted 06 September 2013 - 18:13

Yeah my poor N17 GBR exploded yesterday when you shot me up Vorlander. I have only seen midair explosion once before.

Salute :)

#40 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR
  • Founder

Posted 15 September 2013 - 19:08

chebu_pedals.jpg

i7-4770k - GTX 770 GTX - 16GB DDR3-1600 - MS FFB2 field mod - MFG Crosswind - Freetrack
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users