All I want to do is put bases on either side, click on them, pick the planes I want and set the conditions, then populate the map with some ground targets.
It should be simple, not a bloody career.
Well, finally someone who posts what he's trying to do with the mission editor.
OK, here's a step-by-step guide:
1. Launch the mission editor.
2. In the mission properties window, choose a the mission name. Click on the "mission type" tab and select "deathmatch"
3. On the right side click on "airfields" and choose either "fr_lrg", "fr_med", "ger_lrg" or "ger_med"
4. Left click on the map to place the airfield. Left click and hold on the now placed airfield to move it or press and hold the left mouse while putting the cursor in the red box to rotate it. You can give the airfield a name in the "name" field.
5. Click on "create linked entity" in the "airfields properties window" to activate the airfield (otherwise the airfield will just be visible, but you can't choose to spawn by it.
6. Click on the "planes" button to the left of the "create linked entity" button in the airfields properties window to open the planes menu.
7. Click on "add", then choose the plane by clicking on "model", set the number of planes or set it to unlimited. Select payload, fuel load or "start in air" if you want to have airstart and set the altitude if you need that. Then click OK.
8. Right click and select "advanced properties". Set the country to the country you need. Then click on "OK".
9. For ground targets, on the right side click on "vehicles" (or whatever you want to have) and choose the vehicle or building of your choice. Place it on the map by left clicking on the map and move it around or rotate it (see 4.)
10. Left click on "create linked entity" in the "vehicle properties" or "block properties" window. (see 5.)
11. RIght click on the vehicle/building and click on "advanced properties" and choose a country (see 8.). If you want multiple units of the same type with the same country, you can simple copy&paste the unit or even groups of units.
12. Save the mission in the "Rise of Flight\data\Multiplayer\Dogfight\" folder.
Edited by Matt, 23 October 2013 - 20:52.